Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name your Top 2 Christmas Season Movies and why?

Mine are:

1. The Christmas Story - Ralphie is "The man"! I just love this old favorite - I make a point to watch it every year. So many great scenes, if I had to pick one it would be the scene where Ralphie is helping his dad change the flat tire in a snow storm. The sheer horror of his words! Lol

2. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - this laugh-a-minute modern classic just kills me. Sandy and I sit here laughing out loud like children when we watch it.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts

Mine are:
1. "It's a Wonderful Life" because Merry Christmas, Bedford Falls!

2. "Laurel and Hardy Babes in Toyland" because there had to have been hallucinogenics involved lol

film quality has been lost over the years tho

·
Registered
708 Posts
1. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation... Funny no matter how many times I watch it.

2. A Christmas Carol... (George C Scott plays Scrooge) This is my favorite version of this movie.

I know you said 2 but.........Honorable Mention

3. The Santa Clause.... Tim Allen does a great job.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
It's a Wonderful Life because Jimmy Stewart rocks and it shows that your life makes a difference to someone somewhere ..

Miracle on 34th Street because Hey who doesn't believe in Santa Claus ..

JtB
I have to agree with these two

·
Registered
6,604 Posts
It's a Wonderful Life because Jimmy Stewart rocks and it shows that your life makes a difference to someone somewhere ..

Miracle on 34th Street because Hey who doesn't believe in Santa Claus ..

JtB
I'm with You JTB and CS!
Even tho there are many Great Christmas Movies these are two of My All Time Favorites.
When it comes to Movies there's nothing like a Good Old B&W in My Opinion.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
This is really tough. I am going to break the rules a bit...

- A Christmas Story (this was my favorite as a kid and I always loved the narration and writing)
- White Christmas/National Lampoons Christmas Vacation (I put these two together, because I always fantasize about how I'd love Christmas to be [White Christmas], but know what it really becomes [Lampoons]).

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
You'll always have the classics ..... Christmas story, Wonderful life , Christmas vacation, but I crack up watching Bad santa. Watching Tony Cox and Billy bob try to out wit each other is halaurous.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You'll always have the classics ..... Christmas story, Wonderful life , Christmas vacation, but I crack up watching Bad santa. Watching Tony Cox and Billy bob try to out wit each other is halaurous.
I'll have to check that one out as I've never seen it.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Office Christmas Party cuz its just fuckin funny and Jason Bateman is a fv of mine

And my sappy choice that hits home for me as it pretty much is my family (me being Luke Wilson)....The Family Stone

·
Registered
775 Posts

Mine are:

1. The Christmas Story - Ralphie is "The man"! I just love this old favorite - I make a point to watch it every year. So many great scenes, if I had to pick one it would be the scene where Ralphie is helping his dad change the flat tire in a snow storm. The sheer horror of his words! Lol

2. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - this laugh-a-minute modern classic just kills me. Sandy and I sit here laughing out loud like children when we watch it.
"The Ref" with Denis Leary. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110955/ . A classic "dysfunctional family" tale.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts