Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it is even possible to align the wheels on a 2011 FLRTU? I have read posts, downloaded videos, bought the lasers but can find no place to make adjustments. The older bikes had adjustment points but the newer ones do not. Nothing in the HD manual even mentions alignment. If anybody has an older bike and wants it aligned, I am your man.

My issue is when I take my hands off the bars, it immediately leans and goes to the left. The bike turns better to the left than to the right. It handles well either way, it is just easier to the left. Any help please?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm not near my bike, so I can't give you details yet, but the basic premise behind aligning the rear wheel, regardless of tools/methods, is that you measure two fixed points on either side of the bike and adjust for identical lengths. Usually, the rear axle bolt center is convenient as one point; for the other, you can choose any point along the bike, as long as the left and right sides are identical. What you want is identical lengths on both sides; if the lengths are different, your rear wheel will tilt to the shorter length.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I bought the tool and have yet to check it. Based on the manual there doesn't seem to be any way to adjust it if it is off. Just looking to see if anyone has done this on the 20111 chassis. thanks for the reply. I am new to the forum but have enjoyed all the threads and really appreciate everyone's sharing their experience. I have learned a lot.

·
Premium Member
5,723 Posts
it isn't as simple as that. with the 2011, you have concentric cams on the axle which are supposed to align the left and ride side equally. if you have an alignment issue, you are looking at adjusting the links on the engine/transmission.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.