Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought An aftermarket wheel from somebody and they didn't know if it had n abs or non abs bearing in if. Is there a way to figure it out without pulling the Bearing out of the wheel. I do have the wheel off the bike. I am putting it on a 2013 obviously with abs. Any input would be awesome..

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I bought An aftermarket wheel from somebody and they didn't know if it had n abs or non abs bearing in if. Is there a way to figure it out without pulling the Bearing out of the wheel. I do have the wheel off the bike. I am putting it on a 2013 obviously with abs. Any input would be awesome..
Look at the bearings on each side. The right side will be a non-ABS bearing and will have a black rubber seal. The left side will have a gray colored seal if it's abs.

So, if the seals are the same color it has non-abs bearings, different color= abs bearings.
The abs bearing is also thicker, the spacing difference is in the thickness of the sensor on the left side, the sensor is thinner than the spacer that would be there on the non-abs wheel.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
With the low cost for new bearings, even if the wheel has the correct ones already installed for your bike, you still do not know how many miles that are on them, I would recommend replacing them while the wheel is off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts