Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use a wheel chalk for their garage? I've seen one at the dealership, it was a Harley logo. Just curious if it would be good to park the bike daily using one. I like my garage organized and for some reason it sort of annoys me when it's parked in the garage on the kick stand.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Life Member With a Grey Beard
2,149 Posts
Nope; too many other things annoy me way more. Just park it on the jiffy stand.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
i use a condor for doing maintenance, not usually for daily parking. not saying that you couldn't or shouldn't, but for me, its a little difficult to get the bike out of it with my short legs. its usually easier to just get the wife to give me a push :D

harley is similar to condor, and hf makes one that is similar as well, though just not quite as sturdy.

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
I have a harbor freight wheel dock i use when servicing the bike or for when i need to trailer it somewhere but dont use it for daily use

·
Registered
830 Posts
i use a condor for doing maintenance, not usually for daily parking. not saying that you couldn't or shouldn't, but for me, its a little difficult to get the bike out of it with my short legs. its usually easier to just get the wife to give me a push :D

harley is similar to condor, and hf makes one that is similar as well, though just not quite as sturdy.
I use a Condor for my daily parking in my garage. It is so much easier to work on a bike that standing straight up.

I found that there is a secret to easily getting the bike out of the chock. You simply need to make sure that the front tire is perfectly lined up with the chock.

I know it sounds stupid, but it is 100% true! :eek:

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Just get a EZ-Up center stand. Easy peasy..love it. Makes it easy to load, unload and service.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
1,816 Posts
I have a Condor. A little more expensive but worth it. I also have an easy up stand for when I'm on the road. I find the bike easier to load/unload and I always fuel the bike while on the center stand.

I use the condor to work on other people's bikes during the winter. It works great and makes it a lot easier to work on both sides of the bike. It also helps with storage, an upright bike takes less room in the shop.

Calgarylgide

·
Registered
758 Posts
Have a condor copy HF chock bolted to the HF table lift that the bike is parked on right now. If you want to use the chock for daily use, I'd attach it to the floor or a large sheet of 3/4 OSB just to keep it from sliding around when loading/unloading the bike in it. Trick to getting the bike out is to have the chock adjusted for the size tire you are running. Don't want the tire touching the bottom when setting in the chock, but just enough weight to keep it from rolling out on its own. When floor space is a problem, I like the bike to be setting straight up, too.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I just went and bought the HF one. Used one of their 20% off coupons. Dont know why I keep reading this forum! Haha...

·
Registered
875 Posts
I just went and bought the HF one. Used one of their 20% off coupons. Dont know why I keep reading this forum! Haha...
Same here, ordered today. I need it for a move to TN, got to trailer bike for 350 miles, uhaul has no MC trailers or ramp trailers with builtin chock..Ended up renting 6x12 ramp trailer and will use HF chock for stability. May sell after the move or just keep for the garage.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Just get a EZ-Up center stand.
Hey Jimmy, I did a couple searches her for "EZ-up" and wasn't able to find any info. Google lead me to a few but it seems there's a shit ton of them out there, some say for lowered, blah blah blah. Any chance you could steer me toward one for a 2012 FLTRX?

Wade

·
Registered
855 Posts
Hey Jimmy, I did a couple searches her for "EZ-up" and wasn't able to find any info. Google lead me to a few but it seems there's a shit ton of them out there, some say for lowered, blah blah blah. Any chance you could steer me toward one for a 2012 FLTRX?

Wade
Found it at the MFG website.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Like this harbor freight one.
I have the same setup. Works great as long as it's attached to a piece of 8' half inch or three quarter in plywood like in the photo. Otherwise it'll slide all over the floor when trying to get the bike on it.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts