Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a part #92900001 Harley wheel chock and was shocked to find I was unable to remove my FLTRU (heavy bike) without help. It required a second person to push against the front fairing to get the bike out of the cradle.
Solution was a gas hood or hatch strut from Advance Auto Part #D4656 $20.89.
I cut a 3" section of 3/16" x 1" steel (Home Depot) and bent it in my vise Approx. 45* and drilled 3 holes mounting it as shown and drilled another 8mm hole in the chock base. This keeps the wheel in place and is 50% easier to remove from the chock (I can do it myself).

Attachments

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
looks just like my condor chock. how much does hd get for those?

i might have to do something like that to mine. i can get my bike out, but it takes some working to do it. gotta push down on the front forks while holding the brake and then releasing the brake while pulling back on the handlebars. and then repeat a few times until i can get it past the 'tipping' point

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe Condor is same. Harley gets $250 or Zanotti's $220. Now it just takes me 1 hard pull and its out.

·
878 Posts
That is too cool! Great mod...on my way for parts! Thank-you!

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
that is one awesome idea. gonna steal it for mine :D (chock, that is, not the idea itself).... after changing the stock fork oil for se heavy, i don't get enough 'bounce' to get the bike out of the chock without some assistance.

thanks!

on a side note, you wanna sell a 3 inch piece of your leftover steel? i'm sure you had to buy at least a foot of it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts