Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a stupid question but then again, it may not be... I want to install this PM wheel on my 13 RGC. But first I would like to find someone that would be able to change the "Black" in the wheel to "Big Blue Pearl" to match my ride. Can this be done? If so, do you know anyone that would be able to do it?? This is going to be part of my winter mod along with painted inner fairing, bars and possible the fork tubes..

Thanks for the help guys!!

Attachments

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts
Several ways to go about this, but I would start by getting ahold of PM and see if they can do it "new" for you. I know renegade wheels will.....

The fork legs if you plan on painting them I would order a black set vs chrome

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The person I talked to at PM said they won't do it & my options are what they show on their website. I will look at Renegade wheels now that I know they do custom paint.. As far as my fork tubes go, they will either be painted to match or I will be going with the black ones. I don't want the chrome ones..

Thanks!!

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts
The person I talked to at PM said they won't do it & my options are what they show on their website. I will look at Renegade wheels now that I know they do custom paint.. As far as my fork tubes go, they will either be painted to match or I will be going with the black ones. I don't want the chrome ones..

Thanks!!

Less prep work to paint something (like fork legs) that's black, most aftermarket is anodized, vs blasting or chemically etching chrome before paint.....

Been there LOL will be painting more chrome shit winter

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't want to paint this myself, I would really like it professionally done by a qualified painter that knows how to do this type of work. Does anyone know who I could contact to have the PM wheel painted to match my bike?

·
Registered
516 Posts
I don't want to paint this myself, I would really like it professionally done by a qualified painter that knows how to do this type of work. Does anyone know who I could contact to have the PM wheel painted to match my bike?
Powder coat would probably be the best bet so that it will hold up over time.. Might message Jetman, he's a forum member and has done powder for other members....

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=155178

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
This may be a stupid question but then again, it may not be... I want to install this PM wheel on my 13 RGC. But first I would like to find someone that would be able to change the "Black" in the wheel to "Big Blue Pearl" to match my ride. Can this be done? If so, do you know anyone that would be able to do it?? This is going to be part of my winter mod along with painted inner fairing, bars and possible the fork tubes..

Thanks for the help guys!!
I would get a hold of PM. They cut alot of wheels you see everyday from other companies. I've been told they cut all Renegade and Glenndyne wheels. They can probably take care off your questions. I'm not sure how close the blue anodize is to your blue pearl.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Order the wheel with a polished aluminum finish and take it to a custom powder coater to get the blue done. Custom colors are something we don;t do as it is extremely difficult to match colors especially without the bike.

That is what i would do if that were my goal. Talk to JetMan and The Powder Pro about coating.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the replies guys.. I will contact the people on here that do powder coating and see what they have to say. If that don't pan out, I may just order one in black/contrast from HogPro & leave it alone..

Thanks again!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts