Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Used to on my R1 but never on the Glide.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Have buddies on dynas who can do it easily. Only bagger I have seen in person(other than rallies) is my buddy who has a nasty streetglide. Problem is shit falls off when he comes down....:eek: Including his touchscreen radio...yikes!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Not a hater but!

every one of those guys is doing stunts in SHORTS! To each there own, but not this cat! :) Nope, no shorts for me, especially when I might be driving in a "horse around" mode. (which I never do at this stage of my life)

·
Registered
520 Posts
every one of those guys is doing stunts in SHORTS! To each there own, but not this cat! :) Nope, no shorts for me, especially when I might be driving in a "horse around" mode. (which I never do at this stage of my life)
BUT.... they are all wearing helmets... safety first!..:D

EDIT: funny, just noticed the thread is in the DIY section... guess they ARE doing it themselves!!!

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Stupid is as stupid does

Jay
+1. Shorts and a helmet what a safety combo. Got to much $$ in my bike to drive on 1 wheel so it is 2 wheels on the ground at all times for me. But I don't do burn outs either tires cost too much. I guess common sense just settles in when you get older :rolleyes:

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hey guys wasn't trying to be a hater just making a point that my bike cost way too much money to do something stupid like that. But, if you can get your bike to have that much power and that's what you want to do then go for it.

Jay

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
hep, "dream like you'll live forever, live like you'll die today" sometimes it just feels good, esp when pullin the go, then getting off an exit. No wheelie though, damnit. Afraid my balls would drag:D

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
+1. Shorts and a helmet what a safety combo. Got to much $$ in my bike to drive on 1 wheel so it is 2 wheels on the ground at all times for me. But I don't do burn outs either tires cost too much. I guess common sense just settles in when you get older :rolleyes:
I'm with you there, does look kinda fun though LOL!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Let me start off and say I only ride in shorts at the Coast the 2 miles round trip to the beer joint and my hotel. Why is it everyone that talks about people in shorts and their saftey are the ones that ride without a REAL helmet (Snell aproved Full face) but some POS $50 half shell and think they know what is best??? I for one would rather have road rash then get coloring books on X-mas for the rest of my life. I ride like a idiot, but I pay attention to my surroundings wear high $$ gear and have enough life insurance that I sometimes get Worried about the Wife offing me to collect. I for one have seen alot more of the "SAFE" guys have close calls or drop their bikes. Everytime I ride I try to improve my skills at ALL speeds. I love the wheelie videos on Youtube.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Let me start off and say I only ride in shorts at the Coast the 2 miles round trip to the beer joint and my hotel. Why is it everyone that talks about people in shorts and their saftey are the ones that ride without a REAL helmet (Snell aproved Full face) but some POS $50 half shell and think they know what is best??? I for one would rather have road rash then get coloring books on X-mas for the rest of my life. I ride like a idiot, but I pay attention to my surroundings wear high $$ gear and have enough life insurance that I sometimes get Worried about the Wife offing me to collect. I for one have seen alot more of the "SAFE" guys have close calls or drop their bikes. Everytime I ride I try to improve my skills at ALL speeds. I love the wheelie videos on Youtube.
No comment, jims.. been there and i understand...gl.

·
Registered
358 Posts
LOL, Hey Man wear what ever you like & the hell with what anyone else thinks. My life revovles around work sometimes 7 day a week, I ride when I can & wear what I have own. Not every one likes that but OH Well, I will never loose a moments sleep over it.
Funny thing is I do believe I get more respect from others just because they don't see me trying to be someone I not. Everybody be cool & be safe 2 wheels on the ground unless you have the urge to go on one for a bit.:eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Man, those are awesome. On youtube there is one of what appears to be a Yellow Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic. BIG guy pulls it out of the drive, on to the street, and right into one wheel. Amazing.

Either that isn't his bike, or he has balls of steel riding that $40k machine down the road on one wheel.

Awesome to watch. I did a few wheelies on my 1000 cc Yamaha when I was younger and had less road rash scars than I do now. Did plenty of burn outs too. Always wore a full face helmet when I did.

I was going 5 mph to the store a block from my house when I got rear ended, with no helmet on. So, to each his own about safety.

Now a days I would never dare to damage my precious baby doing something like that!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts