Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, I sent the madstad back. So now I am thinking either the cee baileys dome, klock works, or windvest. Probably in 13"-14". Thoughts from those who run them?

·
Registered
601 Posts
It's to bad that it didn't work for you. I have had the 14" windvest and it worked well. Very minimal buffeting. Can't speak on the others, but I did like and do recommend Windvest.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yep, I sent the madstad back. So now I am thinking either the cee baileys dome, klock works, or windvest. Probably in 13"-14". Thoughts from those who run them?
Sorry to hear...I had the KW...did nothing but look good..lol can't speak for the other two

·
Registered
73 Posts
Can't speak to the CB Dome, but some experience with the others.

IMO, the absolute best looking windshield out there is the 8" KW. Unfortunately, I think you'd have to be an elf for it to be beneficial. I have not tried the next two sizes up, and have heard mixed reviews.

I have a 14" LRS and a 16" Windvest. They're similar. So similar in fact that I just ordered a 12" LRS to probably replace the 14" LRS (keeping the 16" for long hauls - maybe). I think it's been mentioned before and I agree, the LRS seems to be a little sturdier than WV and maybe made out of thicker material. The 16" Windvest is a Barn DOOR. It's huge. It reminds me of a Witch's/pope hat or a KKK hood (sorry, it does). If you don't believe me, take a look at my album and see for yourself. There's a few pics of it in there - you can't miss it. Great to hide behind, just can't get past the look. The 14" allows just a little more turbulence, but still gets the job done....almost as well. Still big, though.

I ordered the 12" Mako as a compromise to see if I could get away with something smaller that offered some protection. The 8" KW has always killed me with turbulence right in the face (6'3"), but love the way it looks. I ran through the gears tonight pretty hard and just about lost my glasses.

Curious to hear others opinions.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the feedback. I currently have the windsplitter and it is junk. I have read on here the the 12" KW doesnt provide much protection. I do agree the WV is plain but have heard good reviews. I am trying to stick to a size that I can see over. All 16" shields are a NO GO for me.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
I run a Windvest 12" ...... And it works well for me. I have lowers which really helps prevent buffeting. I can wear a baseball cap at 75 mph

Here's the size chart from their website

Road Glide
Screen Size Recommendation
Height of rider Size of screen
5'8" and under 8" screen
5'9" - 5'10" 10" screen
5'11" - 6' 12" screen
6' - 6' 1" 13" screen
6'1" - 6'2" 14" screen
6'3" - 6'5" 15" screen
6'6" and taller 16" screen

Road Glide Ultra
Screen Size Recommendation
Height of rider Size of screen
5'7" and under 12" screen
5'8" - 5'9" 13" screen
5'10" - 5'11" 14" screen
6' - 6'1" 15" screen
6'2" and taller 16" screen

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I was looking at the 10" WV ini black. I think it looks sweet, but not sure how it would be performance wise. I have GADS, LTTD, and the harley deflectors.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I run the 14" light smoke Windvest. Love it.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I am 5'10" on a good day. The bike is a 2006 so the fairing is 1.5" lower than 2010 or newer. I had a 6.5" KW. It was so windy I could not hear the stereo at 50mph. But it did look great. I have a 13" Windvest. It works pretty well, but still buffets my 3/4 helmet. I wish that I purchased a 15" or taller Windvest. I now have a 14.5inch MadStad, which is lower than my 13" WindVest when set low and at the highest setting I look through it. Sorry you did not like it. Good luck in you quest. If you really want protection from buffeting you have to good large as in tall. Short windshields look great but don't work well.

·
Registered
248 Posts
14 Windvest

I really like the 14" Windvest.
I am running the same setup as you but on a 07
I also run a set of Desert Dawgs when ever the temp is below 80 or 85 as there are no temp. restrictions. Just what you can bear
With that setup the wind is nominal
Bob

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I appreciate all the responses. I am still hoping some folks with the CB TRSSC dome will chime in...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I cant do a 14" WV cause it will be too tall. I am only 5'10 with a 30" inseem.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Been running a baggershield for 4 years with lowers and Sancho's wings.
Buffeting? We don't need no stinking buffeting...

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had a CEE Bailey's. Tossed it as Madstad is so very much better. Good luck
No offense but I think you sent back the better windshield

·
Registered
123 Posts
Have you looked at the 14" KW pro tour I think it's called. A friend has one one an 09 and he loves it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts