Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've decided to go with Fuel Moto's 107 kit and build out the lower end. For those of you who have this build, how many miles do you have? Once I have the job done I'm looking to put on over 100k. Chime in, those of you who have at least 50k, and what are your thoughts about that kit?

Nevadasun

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
If you're going to get the bottom end done, why not go 117? I got my 107 done at about 16K, I have about 7K on it. I like it, its much more assertive. Still trying to work out a bit of lifter noise....

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
We have tracked a few of our 107"ers here that are hovering around 40,000 on the clock.
Once the crank is attended to, a simple case bore, and either a Timken bearing conversion, or at least an S/E "Lefty" bearing, and the 4 1/8" S&S cylinder kit, brings to to 117" as already mentioned.
We've also tracked a few of those to near/at 40,000 happy miles.:)
Scott

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
How many mile on your bike now?
Not much difference between a 103 and a 107. If your bike runs good leave it alone and wait until it has a problem with the top end.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bike now has just over 51,500 and it runs strong. Thats why I said "when the time comes". Actually, I'm thinking I won't have to do anything until milage hits at least 90k. I am not hard on these bikes but, I do put on a "fair amount of miles", or try to. I should have mentioned, I plan to go with FM's IC cylinders and pistons. Iornmark, I've followed your post. Your saga is quite amazing so, any positive "sage wisdom" you can add will be appreciated.

Nevadasun

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
If you bore your existing cylinder and just buy the pistons and rings it may be more cost efficient if you can do the work yourself.
If you bore your cylinders you may want to just do a 106 inch which will leave you with a little thicker cylinder walls which would be better for handling the heat.
Doing the top end is a easy DIY so if you have the basic hand tools and some mechanical ability you can do the work yourself. The only specialty tools needed is a torque wrench, I use a $2 hose clamp to compress the rings.
You should get a 100,000 miles plus on your engine right now so you got a lot of time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts