Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure I will get a lot of different answers on this topic, the hdmco says in there service manual, check and adjust if necessary, how long do go before it is necessary, does it depend on your riding style? I have 16k on my glide and it feels fine, so what is the right interval?

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
It will depend alot your riding habits. I personally don't have any interval but i will on occasion adjust the clutch when I'm in the primary for service. The cable adjust I worry about if the lever starts to feel different.

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
Trust me, you'll know if it's necessary, if it fills fine and you're not having problems, don't mess with it. Like the saying goes, if it's not broke, don't fix it.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I agree with if its not broke don't fix it but that's doesn't mean it can't be better. Example: During my 50000 service the tech adjusted my clutch which I felt was fine but afterwards I was shocked about how much better it felt. Set it to specs and see if it's better or worse.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
As long as the clutch feels good and it doesn't slip or chatter you don't have a problem.
If there is something wrong with the clutch you will feel it and see it in the clutch handle.
I went over 50,000 miles without a clutch adjustment in the primary with no problems and then when I did the adjustment I realized that it wasn't necessary.

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
Trust me, you'll know if it's necessary, if it fills fine and you're not having problems, don't mess with it. Like the saying goes, if it's not broke, don't fix it.
+1 period.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay good, thanks fellas much appreciated I feel the same way, it shifts perfect and no issue with the feel so I am going to let it be for now only 16k.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts