Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some Custom Dynamic tail light clusters, the stabilizer and the strobe unit. Works great. Though WHERE and how did you stick the two boxes? I can't seem to get it to fit anywhere under the side cover, and can't seem to get the wires to fish to under the seat without going over the frame rail

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have both of those too. Had to mess a little but got them to fit under side over. The strobe plugs into the harness after the load equalizer if I remember correctly. But the connectors for the strobe and the EQ end up trying to share the space to the right of the main 40 amp fuse up near the area the side over bends in to fit behind the saddlebag. Not enough room there. I ended up having enough slack to pull one of the connectors so it is in front of the fuse box and the long set of wires to the strobe controller fit over the fuse box and down the left side which is where I have the EQ velcroed to the fuse box lid. I covered the strobe wires with a piece of automotive split tube (small diameter) for protection. My LEDs have been in for a year and I recently bought the strobe unit but there were different ones depending on which bike model you have and it seems different sizes controllers. Mine was for the FLTRX. You could lengthen the wires.... Or cut the cable ties holding the exhisting wires on the right side of the fuse box and see if they can be moved around and rebundled.

I'll see if I have a pic on my fuse area....

·
Registered
370 Posts
Here's a pic showing the equalizer. It's wires run under the fusebox. When I plugged the strobe in I had to move one of the connectors to overlie the fusebox and ran the wires above the fusebox and put the Strobe controller beside the EQ. I don't have a current pic sorry. Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Here's my current setup in the fuse lock cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! those pics help a lot actually. I got my side cover on, but it's a mess. With all the snow still here, I should be able to have more time to fiddle with it while its just sitting there.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Thanks! those pics help a lot actually. I got my side cover on, but it's a mess. With all the snow still here, I should be able to have more time to fiddle with it while its just sitting there.
No problem. Glad they helped!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts