Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place inside the fairing to ground your amp? I'm going to relocate it inside the fairing. Its currently in the saddlebag, and is grounded to the main grounding point near the battery. I've heard that the ground wire should be as short as possible. I don't know why that is. But that being said, since im moving it into the fairing, I'm trying to stay away from having a longer ground cord from the fairing to the battery. I'd like to find a nice spot inside the fairing to ground the amp to.

Suggestions please.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I used one of the bolts that hold the inner fairing to the chassis.(near the opening for the headlight adjustment) worked for me for all of last year.
(Right or wrong, I wired a dedicated ground from the battery to the amp this year)

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I used one of the bolts that hold the inner fairing to the chassis.(near the opening for the headlight adjustment) worked for me for all of last year.
(Right or wrong, I wired a dedicated ground from the battery to the amp this year)
+1

that position should work, had mine grounded there for a year, then once those bolts were all 4 holding amplifier brackets, moved my ground to the neck

but I wouldn't try and squeeze that amp in, it will cause your fairing to bulge, ask me how I know.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm. heat... yeah, i guess if I tried to squeeze it in there it def' could bulge. i'll have to find another place where it could go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts