Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I ordered some hertz hcx 165s from amazon and they came from car audio dealers in california and I got wrong speakers. Also, the labels and serial numbers were removed. The speakers were scratched. So, I called the company and told them I wanted a refund because they were wrong speakers and they were either fakes or used. I am getting a refund and shipping them back. Hopefully I get my money back. Lesson learned, my fault for looking for cheapest price. So, you guys that have hertz speakers, where did you buy them? I am looking for an authorized dealer that has good prices and won't pork me. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Call Pete or Chuck @ Da Performance. That's where most of the guys on the chopped bagger website buy theirs, and myself. Best prices on Hertz speakers. They are an authorized Hertz dealer. I just received my Hcx690 today.They have a website for contact #. Da performance. Com

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
Kind of surprised about the bad deal from Amazon, I've always had good luck with them, but I always make sure I know what vendor they're shipping from also, same goes for eBay.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
353 Posts
Buy them from an actual audio dealer. Hertz does not allow internet sales. So if you are buying them online odds are they aren't real. My buddy is an actual dealer. That's where I bought mine from

·
Registered
587 Posts
Buy them from an actual audio dealer. Hertz does not allow internet sales. So if you are buying them online odds are they aren't real. My buddy is an actual dealer. That's where I bought mine from
Exactly. I personally never buy audio components, ESPECIALLY speakers online. The best place for Hertz is from your local AUTHORIZED dealer. It's where I bought mine and they come with a 1 year warranty from Hertz if purchased from said dealer. Good Luck!

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
I don't have Hertz, but I've bought several sets of speakers online, they always come in original packaging, and usually have a warranty card to fill out, no problems yet. I agree with RR, when you compare prices online with local dealers the difference is crazy.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
159 Posts
I got mine from Pete @ DAperformance

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies. No one within 6 hours from me sells hertz. My local shops do charge crazy prices so I have been looking around.
When I ordered the speakers, amazon said the would be shipping from Woofers inc. But they came from a company called Car Audio Dealers. The more I think about it I think they are fakes.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
Thanks for the replies. No one within 6 hours from me sells hertz. My local shops do charge crazy prices so I have been looking around.
When I ordered the speakers, amazon said the would be shipping from Woofers inc. But they came from a company called Car Audio Dealers. The more I think about it I think they are fakes.
I'd contact Amazon and see what happened. Woofers sales a lot of merchandise on eBay and consistently keep a high rating.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
353 Posts
I've actually been to Hertz seminar at CES. They don honor online warranty. If you buy it thru DA they are an authorized dealer so they will. They may have changed policy,but I don't think so. Buyer beware. You might get a better deal,but might not be real or any warranty to fall back on.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I talked to Pete at Da Performance and they hooked me up.

An update on amazon, Car Audio Dealers sent me a shipping label and refunded my money. They also are giving me a $20 credit for amazon for the inconvenience. They said I somehow got a decommissioned set of speakers???? Dont know that I believe that but on their behalf they did take care of this.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
I talked to Pete at Da Performance and they hooked me up.

An update on amazon, Car Audio Dealers sent me a shipping label and refunded my money. They also are giving me a $20 credit for amazon for the inconvenience. They said I somehow got a decommissioned set of speakers???? Dont know that I believe that but on their behalf they did take care of this.

Glad it all worked out.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts