Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If price is not a factor which is the better amp the Arc 125 x 2 mini or the Rockford pbr 300 x2? The amp is going to push a set of 4 ohm Focals in the fairing. Any responses would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
Price not a factor, go Hawgwired. :D

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
Ok, I have two PBR 300X2s mounted now, waiting for a part to do the Hawgwired. I like the RF's a lot, I don't have an ARC, so I can't tell you about them. The Rockfords have been good, and don't take much space. Hopefully somebody will chime in who has had ARC and Rockford.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I have a Arc 125 x 2 mini running a set of hertz 6.5's and I'm impressed with the amp. I have the gain 1/2 way up and it's loud and clean.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The guy helping me has both and has used both amps and is really pushin the Arc, just thought i'd get some more opinions on the matter. Thanks for the responses and keep them coming. Install is Saturday.

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
If the guy you have doing the install prefers the ARC, ask him why, if it makes since, go with that, unless you have another reason to go with the other amp. Is there any possibility that you may want to add more to your system at a later date?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the 4 channel pbr pushing 4 rockfords in the faring now and replacing those four with focals and throwing another set of focals in the rear pods so I need a two channel to push my higher rated focals in the stock faring position. I blew through my buget with those speakers so i was originally thinking pbr until I talked to him today.The Hawg Wired amps are going to have to wait til next years tax returns. Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have what is essentially a 125 x 2 Arc made by Wetsounds with four ZX165 Hertz HE that are replacing 4 Alpines, the amp ran good with the Alpines, haven't heard the Hertz yet, putting WO502s on and not done yet. I looked into JL and that is a good option but if I was to change, I'd go Hawgwired, made for a bike, low current draw which means less heat, the virtual enemy of an amp and plug and play.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The Arc also has low draw. Its a very clean amp. The Arc's are used with high end Focal's. Must be a good reason. I was able to afford any of the set ups out there (within reason) and I went with the Arc and the Focals. Absolutely no regrets!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had the Arc, it's a good amp made for bikes. I now have the Hawg Wired
RS400 and I have to say, it sounds much better than the Arc; richer tone and louder. The RF is a car amp, not made for bikes. Call the boys at HW.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts