Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I am getting ready to put an amp on my new bike and I just wanted to get a few opinions. I read all about the J&M and Hawg Wired stuff and some of the other high end stuff but I am a lowly disabled veteran who was fortunate to get a little help just to get my new bike, not to mention that those disability checks don't go very far. So yes, I have to keep it on the cheaper side. That being said, I still want something decent. I already have 2 sets of Polk MM651 and have a set of Infinity Kappa 62.11 in the fairing already. Was thinking of putting them in the rear pods and a set of the Polks in the front. One big issue I am having is how much room I have to mount an amp to run 4 speakers and where tp mount it. I see some high end kits come with a mount that goes under the stereo and there are left and right mounts for some small amps. But is there a good, small amp that will fit one of the top mounts or do I need to just bite the bullet and pull the stereo and put it underneath? I just don't want to have to pull it all back apart if I have any issue setting up the amp for the right sound. I loved the Soundstream 520.4 I had on my 1998 RG but I think it is too big for the 2015. I definitely want at least as much power as that amp, even though I am running 2 ohm speakers now. Any suggestions on beating this horse for me?:confused:

·
JMJOHN
1,043 Posts
nking ,,,,,,

this is the very best 4-ch amp kit that I know of for the 2015 RoadGlide http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=JAMP-500HR15-RG ,,,,,,,,

I understand that it is expensive and I will do everything that I can to help you save $$$ ,,,,,,,

email direct to [email protected] for your R/G Forums VIP discount code ,,,,,

for the future ,,, this amplifier will run 2. 4. 6 or 8 total speakers on your RoadGlide as you expand your system ,,,,,

·
Registered
49 Posts
I tried to fit a Power Acoustik RZ4 3000d in my fairing with no luck then another member on hd forum showed that it will fit! I ended up putting it in my jeep pushing 4 6x9's & 2 5.25's! This amp smokes the Alpine that was in the jeep & for $150 awesome bang for the buck!!! I'm now mounting a diamond micro2 to run my jl 650's & a micro4 bridged to run my jl 8.8's in lids when available! Fosgate has some good options out there too!

Thank you for your service!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm running a SS 4.1000D, I'm not sure if it'll fit in the 15's. But it pushes 140 watts a channel at 4ohm. We had to make a bracket to fit in my faring, but it totally rocks my BT speakers!!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm running a SS 4.1000D, I'm not sure if it'll fit in the 15's. But it pushes 140 watts a channel at 4ohm. We had to make a bracket to fit in my faring, but it totally rocks my BT speakers!!!!
I'm pretty sure the PA rz4 3000d is the sister amp pf the SS4 1000d! The SS is the amp that the member on hd used in his '15 RG! Cool amp for little $$$!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are correct about the Sound Storm and the Power Acoustic being pretty much the same. As I researched, I found that they are both made by Sound storm and I had one before that I loved. That was what I wanted to know, if the Sound Storm 520.4 would fit in the 2015? Anyone know what size amp will fit under the head unit? Would love to know before I order one. Thanks.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Put my amp in

Okay, I finally decided to get one and give it a try. I got a Power Acoustik CA4-1600D. It is a small(3"x6"x1.5") 4 channel amp with 200w per channel at 2 ohms. I had to take my bike in to the dealer and have the J&M flash done. The flash definitely makes a difference, took the fading in and out away from the sound. They did the new update at the same time. I will be doing a post on the installation of this amp soon, probably next week, planning to take off for the mountains for the weekend. Thanks for the replies.
Nick

·
Registered
140 Posts
Don't forget about Biketronics. I have a 4180 with their 6.5's in my fairing and lowers. Still tweaking the flash, but it sounds pretty good and lifetime warranty which I've had to use once already hehe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.