Thanks!

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
well, rockford fosgate makes a 2 channel PBR300x2

that has been able to last and chew up speakers well for me

two fit under the fairing with cooling brackets

haven't tried the third one on top of the radio

I used 4 speakers in the fairing wired in parallel, hawg wired ZX and pioneer TS-G1644R, needed both loud and durable, that's amp 1

amp 2, used Hybrid Audio Technologies i57-2, 5x7's in 2012 CVO lids

both amps have the PEQ, run to the toggle area, makes for easy corrections, when the song changes

using a sony MS-60 right now, going to the Alpine UTE-42BT when the sony dies

8ga wiring

I spent way too much, but still feel I got the best bang for the buck.

hawg wired RS or CS amps are even smaller closely priced, but were not available at the time of my install

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just looking at replacing the 2 OEM speakers and adding an Amp.

Sounds like you have a Hell of a sound system!

More then what I need or want to spend.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Hawg Wired nice 400w amp and 6.5" speakers with whatever other speaker ya want to drop into the inner fairing like the pioneers or you can send out your lids to side car cycles and have them do your lids to accept the zx 6.5" speakers like the ones in the front. You can then if ya feel crazy enough and still drill the holes into your inner fairing and do the pioneers with their smaller 300w amp. You can get it all from Drago Bike works at a nice discount. Just my .02

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I just kept spending money until I was happy

sux, but it's the american way, overall, satisfied

I bought my ZX from frank

overall, there are tons of parts to a good install, so rockford amps only saved me about $100 per amp, but they're still loud, clean and reliable

overall, in parts, hmmm, $3/watt

main thing is having a performance voiced speakers, that can open up, to rise above exhaust, I have a 4" V&H slip on

·
Registered
587 Posts
Depends entirely how much you like to JAM and how much your willing to spend. Hundreds of different combos. Don't do what I did unless you have money to blow! :eek:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I did just the RF PBR 300x2 with the J&M Rokker Speakers. I blew a speaker and traded them in for their new Rokker XX speakers. I am very happy with the set up. Simple and easy.

·
Registered
210 Posts
My 08 Road glide is going in paint shop for
repairs, Thinking of up grading speakers and
Amp......
What's the best bang for the $$$$
Thanks!
I just ordered the Hawg-Wired double shot last night from Dragos. Reasonably priced (for MC audio gear) and made in the USA. It was less money than the HD Boom or J&M system as well.

Best bang for the buck would be Hog-Tunes. Not bad for what you pay.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I just kept spending money until I was happy

sux, but it's the american way, overall, satisfied

I bought my ZX from frank

overall, there are tons of parts to a good install, so rockford amps only saved me about $100 per amp, but they're still loud, clean and reliable

overall, in parts, hmmm, $3/watt

main thing is having a performance voiced speakers, that can open up, to rise above exhaust, I have a 4" V&H slip on
What sony unit is that?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts