Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have 2 amps can’t decide which to use I have the diamond audio hxm 800 4d or sound digital 800 4 what’s your thoughts??? I am running a dsp

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
You running a DSP?

·
Registered
941 Posts
If you’re using a dsp then I’d go with the soundigital. If not you’ll want to use the diamond audio. The soundigital does not let set you set speaker frequencies which is why it needs a dsp while the diamond does. I personally just ordered a soundigital 600.1 and 250.2 for my front set up and I’ll be ordering my dsp soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
If you’re using a dsp then I’d go with the soundigital. If not you’ll want to use the diamond audio. The soundigital does not let set you set speaker frequencies which is why it needs a dsp while the diamond does. I personally just ordered a soundigital 600.1 and 250.2 for my front set up and I’ll be ordering my dsp soon.

100% correct.
DSP opens up a lot of options. Good for you going against the grain and building your own system. Im not into the "Cookie Cutter" set ups. Not my deal

·
Registered
941 Posts
100% correct.

DSP opens up a lot of options. Good for you going against the grain and building your own system. Im not into the "Cookie Cutter" set ups. Not my deal

I learned my lesson on kits on my 2012. By the end i went through 4 separate systems and ended up with 8 speakers and 3 amps. Plan on doing it once on my 2017 even though I’m having to do it in stages.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The Soundigital has a HPF right? The one I’ve been eyeing has a 80hz LPF/HPF switch. So will I still “need” a DSP if I’m sending HU signal through a BT355 to coaxes or active crossovers, or is it more of a “recommend”?

·
Registered
941 Posts
The Soundigital has a HPF right? The one I’ve been eyeing has a 80hz LPF/HPF switch. So will I still “need” a DSP if I’m sending HU signal through a BT355 to coaxes or active crossovers, or is it more of a “recommend”?

Depends on which amp you’re looking at.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Depends on which amp you’re looking at.

I’m looking at the 800.4D Evo 4ohm...
Right now I have a pair of DD 6.5 coaxials and an SS PN2.350D amp.
Then I put on lower fairings, so looking at going 1 of 2 ways with the 800.4D, BT355, y splitters to 4ch and:
Leave the DD coax in the dash and put Soundqubed 6.5 (mids, no tweeter) in lowers,
Or
Put the DD coax in the lowers and install DD component 6.5s in the dash.

If the SD crossed at 120hz+ or higher I wouldn’t even think about a DSP, but at 80hz with 6.5s, I wonder if it’s going to sound like a fart box. The BT355 seems to do a good job softening the stock HU eq curve.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I’m looking at the 800.4D Evo 4ohm...

Right now I have a pair of DD 6.5 coaxials and an SS PN2.350D amp.

Then I put on lower fairings, so looking at going 1 of 2 ways with the 800.4D, BT355, y splitters to 4ch and:

Leave the DD coax in the dash and put Soundqubed 6.5 (mids, no tweeter) in lowers,

Or

Put the DD coax in the lowers and install DD component 6.5s in the dash.

If the SD crossed at 120hz+ or higher I wouldn’t even think about a DSP, but at 80hz with 6.5s, I wonder if it’s going to sound like a fart box. The BT355 seems to do a good job softening the stock HU eq curve.

80hz is pretty low for a 6.5 in my opinion. You may be able to make it sound better by turning your bass way down and treble way up on the head unit. I personally wouldn’t run an amp without a dsp unless i was able to fine tune my crossover. I ran an arc 600.4 up front on my old bike and had it sounding great with my SMD meters, gain and crossovers were set perfectly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts