Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished up my build on my 2013 denim black road glide and now want to upgrade my fairing speakers and add a amp. Was looking at the level two from soundz cusomz which is a arc amp with focal ic165 or the arc mpak 6 or 7 which is same amp and the arc moto 602's, which one is the better package.

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
I know the focals sound great, I don't know about the other, I'm just kind of curious about the price. You could piece the arc, and focals together for around $500 to include adapters and wiring.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
they are both around $600 through different online dealers
Ok, sounds good, I would probably go with the Focals, but that's because of their reputation and the fact that I have 3 sets now. :D I've been through a few other brands and the focals are good for me.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I've got the soundz customz level 2 installed on my 12 FLTRX at Laughlin last year, It sounds great.

Can't compare to your other option but night and day better than stock

·
Registered
138 Posts
Call and talk to Pete at Soundz Customz (605-274-3535). He will take the time to answer all your questions about the different Arc amps and Focal speakers. He is a great guy and won't try to sell you something you don't want or need.

·
Registered
692 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Lucky D;421103[B said:
]Yo John, where would one find that discount code? :confused:[/B]

I tried sending John a p.m., but it is not possible as his profile does not permit it. I have also tried by responding to threads on which he has posted, but thus far, I have not gotten a response. I was interested in the 7.25 speakers, the amp with the mounting brackets and also the sound absorption material that they sell as plug and play kits. We'll see....

·
Registered
576 Posts
Cool thanks everyone for the input most likely going with the focals
I think that is the best choice. I've read many posts on audio from many forums and I have not read anyone being disappointed with Focals. I have read many posts where folks were disappointed with Arc speakers.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
I have he Hawg Wire 6 Pack with Tweeter Grilles and love it.
I'm waiting on their remote and the system will be fine tuned.
It really ROCKS now, so I can only imagine what it's gonna sound like when the fairing is back on.
The HW equipment is made for motorcycles by motorcyle riders.
I highly recommend them to anyone in the market for a "Top of The Line" stereo system.
Mike U.

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
Mike U ,,,,,,

the folks over at HawgWired do a great job ,,,,,,

just remember that J&M Corporation has been in the motorcycle audio business for 35 years now, and I have had a new Harley Ultra every year since 1989,,,,,, I ride with what we sell ,,,,,

I am not blowing smoke when I say that the J&M audio amplifiers & speakers provide the very best sound available within their perspective price ranges, both ROKKER XT series and our new PERFORMANCE series ,,,,,

ROKKER XT series here http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=45 ,,,,,,

New PERFORMANCE series here http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=44 ,,,,,

·
Registered
478 Posts
John,
How do the Performance Series do with just the stock HK radio, compared to the terrible stock speakers/sound? Want to upgrade, but $$$'s tight.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Mike U ,,,,,,

the folks over at HawgWired do a great job ,,,,,,

just remember that J&M Corporation has been in the motorcycle audio business for 35 years now, and I have had a new Harley Ultra every year since 1989,,,,,, I ride with what we sell ,,,,,

JMJOHN, I know your Equipment is Top Notch. I had a set of your handlebar speakers on my Deluxe and loved them. If I hadn't gotten such a great deal on my Hawg Wired Set Up, I would have purchased your Rokker XT Series.
In my opinion you can't go wrong with either company.
Mike U.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I ordered a set of Performance Series speakers yesterday. I'll get the amp when I get money for it. At least it's a start towards better sound.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts