Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to order new bars soon as I figure this out. Was set on the Factory 47 in 14in but noticed KST Renegades are similar and are quite a bit cheaper. Is there anything I need to know about the difference? Is one better made or have a certain manufacturing feature that the other doesnt? Does one look better than the other? They both list they are plug and play. In the end if KST is just as good that just means more money left for other items :)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Those are both great bars but I went with JSR Customs. And had a set custom made for a great price. There, now you have another choice in the mix >:)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm another for jsr, factory 47s are too wide for my taste plus super expensive. Last bike I put kst mayhem apes on they were great quality. Price is now higher so I looked around and found jsr. Just got my custom ordered Took 2 weeks order to delivery. Got 15 rise bad attitude apes. Great product. Super clean inside from all joints cleaned before welding. Great powdercoating. Notched for throttle by wire and ground for master cylinder clearance.
Check here for pics
http://www.roadglide.org/#/topics/349929

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm another for jsr, factory 47s are too wide for my taste plus super expensive. Last bike I put kst mayhem apes on they were great quality. Price is now higher so I looked around and found jsr. Just got my custom ordered Took 2 weeks order to delivery. Got 15 rise bad attitude apes. Great product. Super clean inside from all joints cleaned before welding. Great powdercoating. Notched for throttle by wire and ground for master cylinder clearance.
Check here for pics
http://www.roadglide.org/#/topics/349929
picture link says broken for some reason. NM. I see them now. Going to have to consider these also

·
Registered
316 Posts
You can get a pretty good discount on the Factory 47's if you ask.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I sent you a PM.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Generally you should be able to go to 14" before needing wire/and or cable extensions. Just need to cut a few zip ties and toss out the plastic "wire organizer" thing under the gauge cluster.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Not sure what year your bike is, but I just installed Vindikta 12” Marauders on my 2012 and needed to extend my wires 4” and just re-routed my clutch Cable.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ended up ordering the KST Renegade 14in black. Factory 47 was a couple weeks out. With the price difference added in grips and levers so worked out pretty well. Hopefully they make it in before this weekend. Weather is crap so good time for install

1 - 20 of 45 Posts