Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add some lowers to my new 2018 RG. Looks like my choices are HD, Advanblack, and Hogworkz. Any opinions? Obviously the price point on Advanblack and Hogworkz is far more attractive.

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Looking to add some lowers to my new 2018 RG. Looks like my choices are HD, Advanblack, and Hogworkz. Any opinions? Obviously the price point on Advanblack and Hogworkz is far more attractive.
I ponied up for the HD ones. Didn't want to deal with color match or fit. Black quartz. Not vivid black. And I ordered them day 1 so they're covered by my warranty. I think you have 30 days. And the warranty covers them. I dont regret spending the money.

Reactions: glide69

·
Registered
923 Posts
I bought some used Advanblack from a forum member here. Paint match is right on. Quality is ok, vents are a bit hard to open. I paid $160, so i am ok with them.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
I had a cheaper set on my old bike that was black.. This time around I went with the HD ones Primarily for the color match and have no regrets.. You get what you pay for the HD lowers are far better quality... Good luck with your choice..

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
I have HD because of the fit and worth it to me.

Reactions: Vinnie and RFG7680

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Looks like the HD lowers are on backorder nationwide.
What I was told. They're not sitting on a shelf waiting to be shipped. You order them and they're sent to whoever Harley used for paint. Then they're sent to you or your dealer. So not sure if it's a real back order. I was told 6 to 8 weeks. I had them in 4.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What I was told. They're not sitting on a shelf waiting to be shipped. You order them and they're sent to whoever Harley used for paint. Then they're sent to you or your dealer. So not sure if it's a real back order. I was told 6 to 8 weeks. I had them in 4.
That makes perfect sense, but the reply I got from Boardtracker was that they are currently on backorder without a release date. I may just put in my order and try to wait patiently.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Lowers

Craigslist is your friend, I found a color matched set of HD lowers shipped to my door for $375 and they looked brand new! Put them on the bike 2.5 yrs ago and have never come off!!!:grin:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Probably comes down to if you will keep them on all year or take off in the warm months. If all year, spend a little more for nicer ones. If just cold months, go cheaper ones.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
I went with used HD ones scored on ebay, painted them and bought missing parts. Very happy with the result and about 40% of new oem ones. Buddies went with chinese ones, not bad but not oem in quality even advanblack ones. If you put lower speakers, it will do the job but if you keep glove box.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I also bought used HD OEM ones on Ebay. Came with the engine guard for $150 plus shipping (190 total). they were in great condition and i just need to paint them and i own my paint so not a big deal. there are great deals out there if you're willing to find them. it may take a little time.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I bought a set on eBay for $174 with free shipping. When I received them, it turned out to be new (In the box) Advanblack Lowers. The quality and paint match was so good, I went to their web site and ordered CVO Saddlebags. And the price saved me about $200 from the Harley prices for new bags.

Reactions: Oclaf

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I got Advanblack lowers I like em, for the price , almost dead on with the color, yes the HD ones are better quality hands down , but I gave these a shot I am happy with them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts