Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the FP3, K&N air filter, American Custom Bomber mufflers with the Powerflex header. Currently have the K&N filter installed and am running the FP3 map for stock pipes.

My question is: what base map should I run after installing the AC mufflers and Powerflex header? Auto-tune is probably going to happen when I can put some miles on it, but I have to start with a base map. Question is, which one?

I'd appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I'd give the crew at Vance and Hines a shout and see what they suggest. With the FP3 they can download a custom tune right to your module. They can even log into your module if attached to the bike to see how your bike is running in realtime. :wink:

·
Registered
143 Posts
How did you make out with the tune?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still on auto tune but it's running fine. Need more data for the higher rpms but will give it a couple more tanks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Padrel, so what base map did you end up starting with?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I like the American Custom exhaust. The first one they sent was slightly off, so I called AC and they sent me a replacement right away, and it fit fine.

As for the base map, I used the Vance and Hines High Output with Power Duals, Standard Baffle.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Got my FP3 setup. Real easy. I have American Custom mufflers Loaded the HD stock map, set the moderate throttle level and the low decel pop.
WOW. Much smoother, much less lag.
Now I have it in Autotune mode.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Applied first Autotune and the bike just keeps getting better. This thing is great!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts