Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to up grade my OEM head unit mine just died. Does anybody have any suggestions for a middle of the road Head unit. I working on a tight budget,Iam running a small hog tunes amp with the hog tunes 5x7 2ohm speakers. thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Mine isn't dead. Almost wish it was. Lol. Someone said Jensen hd1bt is plug and play. I'm waiting for some reply's on my post before making a decision on what to get. Please let me know what you go with and how it works please! I subscribed :) Dan

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Alpine CDE-HD149BT - 1DIN CD/MP3/USB Receiver with Bluetooth,HD Radio, and Pandora® playback. use Hawg Wired install kit with adapter, and all bar controls work. So far this has been a great head unit for me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will other less expensive radios work with the hawgwire and adapter so the hand controls will work as well?

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
Will other less expensive radios work with the hawgwire and adapter so the hand controls will work as well?
The Hawgwired works with many units, if the brand isn't listed, just call them and ask. I have the Alpine waiting to be installed, right now I have a $120 Sony unit that works really good, when I change all I have to do is change a couple of switches.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
I contacted hawgwired about this a few months back. They told me that as long as the head unit has steering wheel capabilities then any radio should work

1 - 8 of 8 Posts