Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I accidentally discovered a local car audio dealer that stocks both Focal and Hertz speakers so I HAD to stop in for a listen!

Question is, which Hertz speakers are most guys running and are there any special modifications necessary? Thinking about changing out my fairing speakers. I currently run alpine spr 60C components. But I am going to go back to coaxial so I can put all of my new gauges in.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hertz SPL's...don't mess around with anything else. No special mods...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IohCO6A3nsk

This is all Hertz. In a couple of weeks it'll have another Hertz amp and a set of 8s in the bags to go along with what's already on the bike.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
12,331 Posts
Hertz HSK and HCX here, sounds good. GrafixxMan system is insane, the video doesn't do it justice. If he adds any more I'm going to have to learn sign language to talk with him, lol. :D

·
Super Moderator
12,331 Posts
I'm running 4 Hertz Sv165's, 2 Sv200's, 2 ST35'S, & 2 ST44'S. Hertz HDP4 Amp. Crazy loud and clear.
Huh........what did you say.......I can't hear you, you have to turn that thing down, lol. ;)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
What is the difference between the av 200 and the SPL 8.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I accidentally discovered a local car audio dealer that stocks both Focal and Hertz speakers so I HAD to stop in for a listen!

Question is, which Hertz speakers are most guys running and are there any special modifications necessary? Thinking about changing out my fairing speakers. I currently run alpine spr 60C components. But I am going to go back to coaxial so I can put all of my new gauges in.

For Hertz coaxial don't drop below the HCX's. SV's are awesome. You can't beat Focals, and yes, they sound so much better in the store. See if you can listen to HAT's, they crush all competition. Morel, and CDT are other options to Hertz. I'm looking to upgrade but will wait until next winter I guess.

JP

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For Hertz coaxial don't drop below the HCX's. SV's are awesome. You can't beat Focals, and yes, they sound so much better in the store. See if you can listen to HAT's, they crush all competition. Morel, and CDT are other options to Hertz. I'm looking to upgrade but will wait until next winter I guess.

JP

I went with the Focals. I'll have them in today. Finishing up my under fairing work: custom painted gauges, Daymakers, and freshening up the stereo with some Focals.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hertz HSK and HCX here, sounds good. GrafixxMan system is insane, the video doesn't do it justice. If he adds any more I'm going to have to learn sign language to talk with him, lol. :D
Thanks David! I'm adding another HDP4 to run the 8s and the 6x9s and going to rewire the other HDP4 to run the 4 6.5s and tweeters up front. I have another set of ST35s that I might put in the bags, but with the 6x9s already having tweeters...I'll just wait and see if I need them.

It ought to be LOUD after that! ;)

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The shop here doesn't sell the spl show, only the hi energy. I went with the Focals. Installing now. Freshening up the fairing today, new gauges, new speakers, and a set of chrome Daymakers.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anybody ever had to "break-in" their speakers? When the shop installed the Focals, they said put some hours on them before you dial the tune in and push max power through them......

·
Super Moderator
12,331 Posts
Anybody ever had to "break-in" their speakers? When the shop installed the Focals, they said put some hours on them before you dial the tune in and push max power through them......

I have a set of Focal KRXs, after about 10 hrs of playing I had to redo and adjust the settings, they did sound better after being "broken in".

1 - 20 of 22 Posts