Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from my first 1,000 mile/multi-day trip on the bike and learned a LOT! One big thing is that I really need to go further back and down in my seating position (currently running an Ultra seat for two up riding). While we were on our trip, I had a chance to stop at an authorized Saddlemen dealer where I got to demo a Road Sofa Extended which sits you about same height as stock but 2" back. The riding position was great but it was HARD! I'd heard they are quite firm and take awhile to break in, but after a 20 mile ride I was ready to get the hell off.

The other seat I have always been interested in is the Le Pera Maverick Daddy Long Legs. There is no place around me that is a dealer for Le Pera, so I have no way to test that seat. I was wondering if anyone here has ridden on both of these seats and can offer their thoughts between the two? Is the Le Pera as hard as the Road Sofa? I know you can also order gel in the Le Pera, but does it make that much of a difference?

I've considered sending the Ultra seat in to Mean City Cycles to be modded, but I'm afraid it would be too much of a change to come back and down that much, plus add gel for rider and passenger and it might eat into the area for the backrest slot. And when you add up all the costs involved in doing all that plus shipping two ways, it would come out to about the same price as a new seat. And then if it didn't work, I'd have an expensive seat that I'd never get my money back from if I tried to sell. Plus I think the Le Pera or Saddlemen seats look WAY better.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I have a LePera with pillion. Rider is gel which is firm but not as firm as a Corbin. Pillion is foam & I would say softer than stock but more supportive.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have the Saddleman Sofa Seat and it is a firm seat. Have put on around 2K miles on it over past week and it appears like it is getting a bit softer. I LOVE the heated seat!!! The one thing I am noticing is that it is a bit narrower in the front than stock so my inner thighs rub differently. Just something the body has to get used to.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a LePera with pillion. Rider is gel which is firm but not as firm as a Corbin. Pillion is foam & I would say softer than stock but more supportive.
When you ride two-up, whose butt gets sore first? Yours or your passenger's? I've never sat on a Corbin either, but have heard they are the hardest ones out there.

·
Registered
927 Posts
When you ride two-up, whose butt gets sore first? Yours or your passenger's? I've never sat on a Corbin either, but have heard they are the hardest ones out there.
Have never ridden two up. Spouse passed away before getting a chance.
If you ride in a hot area like Las Vegas don't get gel. It gets super heated.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Saddleman seats are bricks. And stay that way. Had one for over 5000 miles and will never buy another one.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I have the le pera without gel and the backrest built in. It’s the maverick in leather. Most comfy seat I have. Next one is the Ultimate seat. But the le pera is comfy and looks good. Passenger is not happy with her portion of the le pera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
958 Posts
I have the Lepera Daddy Long Legs with Gel insert & back rest - great seat - takes a couple of hundred miles to break in but definitely softer than the Saddleman - I've had several different seats - liked the Maverick, Corbin was OK but Lepera will remain my top choice.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just got back from my first 1,000 mile/multi-day trip on the bike and learned a LOT! One big thing is that I really need to go further back and down in my seating position (currently running an Ultra seat for two up riding). While we were on our trip, I had a chance to stop at an authorized Saddlemen dealer where I got to demo a Road Sofa Extended which sits you about same height as stock but 2" back. The riding position was great but it was HARD! I'd heard they are quite firm and take awhile to break in, but after a 20 mile ride I was ready to get the hell off.

The other seat I have always been interested in is the Le Pera Maverick Daddy Long Legs. There is no place around me that is a dealer for Le Pera, so I have no way to test that seat. I was wondering if anyone here has ridden on both of these seats and can offer their thoughts between the two? Is the Le Pera as hard as the Road Sofa? I know you can also order gel in the Le Pera, but does it make that much of a difference?
I’m 6’6” with 38” inseam. Based on everything I’ve read, I’ve narrowed it down to the lepera maverick daddy long legs or the Saddleman RoadSofa LS Extended reach. Unfortunately no one in my area has these to demo. Saddleman also has a weekender program, so you can try the seat and return it if you don’t like it. Macabra11 what did you end up with? Anyone else chime in on these 2 seats?

·
Registered
656 Posts
I sit on the cvo ultra seat-will never change-with no ass as my better half would say the hard seats are terrible.i use a mesh pad at all times for air and carry the inflatable egg crate cusion for use after 5 or 6 days

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
I love my LePera Maverick Daddy long legs seat.. I have put several 1,000 mile days on it... But what my ass likes yours may not.. I have had many seats And like this one the best...

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have have the LePera daddy long legs with the rider back rest. after almost a 1,000 miles past week I am glad I went with it vs any of the Harley seats available. I had a LePera on my last bike too and loved it so I'm not surprised this is as good as it is. I still think seats are similar to bars, however and it will vary from rider to rider.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I’m 6’6” with 38” inseam. Based on everything I’ve read, I’ve narrowed it down to the lepera maverick daddy long legs or the Saddleman RoadSofa LS Extended reach. Unfortunately no one in my area has these to demo. Saddleman also has a weekender program, so you can try the seat and return it if you don’t like it. Macabra11 what did you end up with? Anyone else chime in on these 2 seats?
I got to try out an extended Saddleman Road Sofa and I absolutely hated it. It was VERY hard and I couldn't wait to get off of it after 15 mins. It is a very nicely constructed seat and I've heard it is wonderful after a significant break-in period. That made up my mind to try the Maverick Daddy Long Legs.

I love it! It sits me way back (maybe slightly down too) and is a perfect balance of firm/supportive without being like a brick. Softer than my C&C solo, but doesn't squish out like a stock HD seat. The backrest is very comfortable and I love the look of the seat.

If I had any gripes about it is that I wish it were a little bit higher (1/2" maybe) and it is impossible to use the backrest with my wife on the back. She said she has flashbacks of birthing our children because of how wide the backrest is. But this really isn't an issue for me because when we ride together with the tour pack on, SHE becomes my backrest! Also, the low lumbar support on the LePera is fantastic.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts