Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,240 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Rider lost his life. He didn't pull over as he had 2 oz of weed on him. I ride these roads several times a year when in SC. And brake checking a cop in a SUV??? Not smart. Yeah, the cop should have backed further off after tapping the bike the first time, but dude should have pulled over. I've seen this video too many times already.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Moron on a bagger. if I was trying to avoid the police (not that I ever would) but going straight is not your best bet. Although seeing how this guy took the one corner in the other lane will the cop was able to negotiate the turn without going into the oncoming lane tends me to believe this asshat was not a skilled rider along with his other mental deficiencies.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I don't agree with the pit maneuver on a motorcycle, unless they're wanted for murder.
Me either, but that was a just a tap not a pit. The guy could have easily stopped safely while the cop was boxing him in...he had already recovered... he just chose not to/panicked and gassed it into the curb.

Hay I'm all for vilifying cops that cross the line. But that one gave the guy plenty room/time to either get away or give up..

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Me either, but that was a just a tap not a pit. The guy could have easily stopped safely while the cop was boxing him in...he had already recovered... he just chose not to/panicked and gassed it into the curb.

Hay I'm all for vilifying cops that cross the line. But that one gave the guy plenty room/time to either get away or give up..
Just to add to this, the cop (and video sort of shows) that the biker missed a gear when trying to accelerate out. Cop's SUV has an auto trans that doesn't miss shifts. Full article is here.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
It's a shame he lost his life. Possession in SC of over 1 oz is considered possession for sale; felony, up to 5 years and/or 5 grand. Under 1 oz is a misdemeanor.
Still no excuse for running.

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
Imo, not much difference in a cop pulling out his revolver and trying to graze a colprit in the back for running off after stealing a pack of smokes and not stopping when told to do so.
There are plenty of cops in every town and they all have radios. They surely could of done this another way. The cop murdered that dude for speeding & not pulling over. JMHO

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Imo, not much difference in a cop pulling out his revolver and trying to graze a colprit in the back for running off after stealing a pack of smokes and not stopping when told to do so.
There are plenty of cops in every town and they all have radios. They surely could of done this another way. The cop murdered that dude for speeding & not pulling over. JMHO
Don't disagree that maybe something else could have been done but he did run and if he had stopped in the first place he would still be here to do his time for the weed. Don't agree that the cop murdered him as he tapped him at a very slow speed. The biker tried to accelerate out of it and lost control on his own so it's on him. IMO

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wow!! Murdered him? How about this-- This guy was a piece of shit and didn't have anything to live for so he not only endangered his own life but anybody he happened to pass on the roadway/crosswalks.. he committed suicide and that is obvious.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I often wonder in these chase scenarios if the protocol includes the officer contacting dispatch to see if the license/registration is current. Or perhaps engaging other units. I feel that these prolonged chases endanger people completely unrelated to the situation; they just had the misfortune of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The video makes me wonder how the chase started. Traffic stop or did another activity initiate the chase? That certainly calls into question the officer's pursuit decision.
Also makes me wonder if it was just the weed that made him want to run. Not judging the dude beyond his poor decision to run. That almost never ends well.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Don't agree that the cop murdered him as he tapped him at a very slow speed. The biker tried to accelerate out of it and lost control on his own so it's on him. IMO
If you stop the video @ 3:04 you can see the speed by the GPS readout showed he was doing 64 MPH when he hit him. But you can also see right before the officer hit him that the biker is squeezing the clutch and stomping on the shifter. It is suggested that the biker missed a gear and that is why he slowed so quickly from 80 to 66 when he was hit. The officer didn't try to "pit" him. He was just caught off guard when the bike inexplicably slowed.

The video makes me wonder how the chase started. Traffic stop or did another activity initiate the chase? That certainly calls into question the officer's pursuit decision.
Also makes me wonder if it was just the weed that made him want to run. Not judging the dude beyond his poor decision to run. That almost never ends well.
I read the complete story, someone has it posted above. I think he was originally attempted to be pulled over for doing 66 in a 45. No idea if it was just the thought of having the 2oz was enough or if there was something more. Hope damn well there was, because that is not enough of a reason for me.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
If the cop was only pulling him over for speeding and had no wants or warrants for a violent crime, he should not have chased and just sent a car to the registered address.

They don't chase in the counties around me.

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
Don't disagree that maybe something else could have been done but he did run and if he had stopped in the first place he would still be here to do his time for the weed. Don't agree that the cop murdered him as he tapped him at a very slow speed. The biker tried to accelerate out of it and lost control on his own so it's on him. IMO
You're apsolutly correct. "Intent " That's the difference between Murder 1, and Murder 2 'Manslaughter '

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
If you stop the video @ 3:04 you can see the speed by the GPS readout showed he was doing 64 MPH when he hit him. But you can also see right before the officer hit him that the biker is squeezing the clutch and stomping on the shifter. It is suggested that the biker missed a gear and that is why he slowed so quickly from 80 to 66 when he was hit. The officer didn't try to "pit" him. He was just caught off guard when the bike inexplicably slowed.

I read the complete story, someone has it posted above. I think he was originally attempted to be pulled over for doing 66 in a 45. No idea if it was just the thought of having the 2oz was enough or if there was something more. Hope damn well there was, because that is not enough of a reason for me.
"The officer didn't try to "pit" him. He was just caught off guard when the bike inexplicably slowed."

I'm sure ,that's how the leo's Counselor will debate his case. :)

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
No chase in Milwaukee has meant a huge number of stolen cars, Huge increase in injuries from the stolen cars. And Total outlaw environment in many areas. Gone so far now they steal a car and drive pass LEO wave then hit the gas.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts