Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning R-Gliders! I'm looking for recommendations for my new seat purchase (I still have the stock seat on my '18 RGS). I'm 5'7" tall, ~175lbs & 31" inseam. I'm looking for an all-around seat that I can use for city and for some highway runs.
Thanks,
SMADGE

·
Registered
988 Posts
You & I are about the same build, but I've got about 15lbs on ya. Anyway, I ended up putting a stock seat from an Ultra Classic Low on my 2015. It's slightly narrower and lower, without pushing you forward. The passenger portion is nice and wide for your passenger.
It's very comfortable for me.
Lil Chief

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'm 5'7 also but have a 29" inseam so I wear logger boots for the taller heal. I imagine I end up with the same inseam as you. I have a couple of different seats but hands down the most comfortable to ride tank to tank without any butt burn is the Harley Hammock seat.
I've done 800 - 900 miles a day many times with that seat. I did it once with a Corbin dual-tour seat. Since then I can only go about 150 miles on the Corbin and the burn starts. I can't figure out what changed but the Corbin doesn't work as well for me anymore. I've thought about selling it since I don't run it but never have.
I suggest going to your HD dealer and trying the Hammock. It is a big seat but no butt burn for me. If I ever buy another seat, I'll send my stock seat to Russell Day Long and have them build me one.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm about the same size, fuzz taller and 2 fuzzes heavier. My stock seat never really bothered me but i was looking for a better looking seat, I got s screaming deal on a Lepera Maverick. Wow what an improvement for comfort and looks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. I've been looking at the La Pera line, but I never thought about the Hammock or the Ultra Classic Low options. I'll follow up and let everyone know 1)which I go with and 2)how the eventual ride went!
Smadge

·
Registered
323 Posts
My Mustang seat has been fantastic from day 1. Probably the best accessory and easiest to recommend.
I'd give them a call and see what they have to offer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You will get as many opinions as there are members on this site. Only your butt know what is the right seat. Trying different seats can be expensive. I recommend that you try different seats at bike shows or have a custom shop tailor one just for you.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Smadge, if You decide on a OEM seat check with Your local dealer and see if they have a "Demo Program".
This way You can try a seat before You Purchase one.
I'm 5-10 / 190 and I have a LePera Maverick with backrest and love it.
On really long rides I'll add a Air Hawk Pad for extra comfort.
Mike U.

·
Registered
411 Posts
You & I are about the same build, but I've got about 15lbs on ya. Anyway, I ended up putting a stock seat from an Ultra Classic Low on my 2015. It's slightly narrower and lower, without pushing you forward. The passenger portion is nice and wide for your passenger.
It's very comfortable for me.
Lil Chief
Hmmm...I have a RGU seat that migrated from my SGS but I’m hesitating using it on my RG cause it puts me slightly higher but it’s much more comfortable for the wife

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I'd have to say that the Hammock might be a good choice for you. I tried one out when I first bought my '18 RGS but it seemed it put me a bit more forward than the stock seat. At 6' I was looking to move back and down a tad and wound up going with a Mustang. LOVE that seat! Go to the dealership and borrow a Hammock and see what you think...

·
Registered
323 Posts
I put my stock CVO seat on last weekend (for looks) and went on a 200 mile ride. What a mistake that was! It looks great for running around town, but I'll never make that mistake again. I felt pretty beat. If I had the Mustang on it would have been like a trip to Starbucks.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I've always had a good experience with Mustang seats over the years. Put a super touring deluxe on my '18 rgs, no regrets and a huge difference for both rider and passenger.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to all! I'm definitely going to check out the "Demo" option at the dealer!
Stay safe all...
Smadge

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'd have to say that the Hammock might be a good choice for you. I tried one out when I first bought my '18 RGS but it seemed it put me a bit more forward than the stock seat. At 6' I was looking to move back and down a tad and wound up going with a Mustang. LOVE that seat! Go to the dealership and borrow a Hammock and see what you think...
I second the Hammock. I’m 5’8” and there are more times than not when my whole foot is not on the ground. It’s not bad just something to be aware of.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts