Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Registered
I pulled the reducers today and it didn鈥檛 sound that much different than when their installed. It probably will be different when riding I鈥檓 sure. I guess the issue is with the mufflers being 4.5鈥 it looks better on the bike but the sound is hard to reach in such a large diameter pipe 馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
2020 RGS, FLTRXS that runs great out the gate. Added "jewelry" as some say
How do y'all determine sound? I only know what mine sounds like idling... after that I am not behind it so I have no clue...to exactly what it sounds like. I have a full Cobra 馃悕 system and like how it sounds while riding, but unless someone films it I will never know the sound going away ... I do know when the dealership brings mine around after service if in there though...just first gear though. Has a rumble I know...

Registered
Good question. I only appreciated mine after the 'dealer' I purchased from drove it from around the back parking lot. I heard the sound coming and was very delighted to see that was my bike they were bringing around.

How do y'all determine sound? I only know what mine sounds like idling... after that I am not behind it so I have no clue...to exactly what it sounds like. I have a full Cobra 馃悕 system and like how it sounds while riding, but unless someone films it I will never know the sound going away ... I do know when the dealership brings mine around after service if in there though...just first gear though. Has a rumble I know...

Registered
I pulled the reducers today and it didn鈥檛 sound that much different than when their installed. It probably will be different when riding I鈥檓 sure. I guess the issue is with the mufflers being 4.5鈥 it looks better on the bike but the sound is hard to reach in such a large diameter pipe
It's not a night and day difference. It takes a little time to notice it. It is noticeably louder when you get on it though.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Registered
'19 RGS - '99 Heritage - '03 Aprila Falco
Do yourself a favor and check the CFR slip ons. Had those on my 15' Ultra Limited. Saving money to put them on my 19RGS. Got compliments everywhere on the deep rumble sound!

Registered
I've never heard of CFR until now. I found this video. Quite impressive.... and this coming from a guy running Rineharts.

Of course, there are baffle selections with the Rineharts but I am assuming the fellow in this video compared "out-of-box" slip-ons.

Do yourself a favor and check the CFR slip ons. Had those on my 15' Ultra Limited. Saving money to put them on my 19RGS. Got compliments everywhere on the deep rumble sound!

Premium Member
2019 RGS
I've never heard of CFR until now. I found this video. Quite impressive.... and this coming from a guy running Rineharts.

Of course, there are baffle selections with the Rineharts but I am assuming the fellow in this video compared "out-of-box" slip-ons.

The CFRs do sound good. I recall a quality issue a few years ago and there was something else with CFR. I forget.

Here's the MK45S. Stock header cat is in. My bike.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts