Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,
I have a 2011 RGU that I have upgraded with a JM Audio 630w amp, Rocker 7.25 speakers front & rear.
So which speakers am I going to see the best sound out of and like the most in my current system? This being I can only add one or the other but not both.

So do I add the lower speaker pods?

https://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=HLRK-7252-RXX

Or do the saddle bags?

https://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=HSBL-065X7-XXR

I've never been on a bike that had either so I have no idea what they are like. I'm not looking to win any sound war just want GOOD tunes while cruisin down the road at 75MPH.

Not saying I have to stay with JM Audio but I have had good luck with them so far.

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Definitely The Lowers Bro!
I put a set of PRV Audio 6MR500-NDY in Advanblack Speaker Pods and the sound is awesome.
MMats speakers are getting great reviews on The Other Forum as well.
There are many choices re: speaker pods and speakers so do some research and save yourself some aggravation.
If I can be of further assistance don't hesitate.
Best of Luck!
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
If you want MORE SOUND for you as the rider, lowers are your best choice. As stated, more sound IN YOUR FACE on the open road.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great and thanks. I'll do the lowers first and then save up for the lids later.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Great and thanks. I'll do the lowers first and then save up for the lids later.
If you have genuine HD lowers already... I have had GREAT success with fitment from FARING FACTORY pods. They are different from 14 and up and 13 and down... ensure you get the correct ones for your year. Pictured are ones I did this weekend on a 13 RG Ultra... they come RAW and I do several coats of Plasti-dip to get the texture just right

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I have the factory lowers. Never use the storage there so losing that space isn't going to be a big deal for me.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Here is a video of the completed install...

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds good. I still have the stock HK radio and at this point don't want to lose it as I use the intercom and CB sometimes.

Since I have JM speakers already should I just stick with their speakers or go with something else?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Sounds good. I still have the stock HK radio and at this point don't want to lose it as I use the intercom and CB sometimes.

Since I have JM speakers already should I just stick with their speakers or go with something else?
That choice is solely yours. I typically dont recommend mix-matching speakers. Each has it's own power requirements and performance levels... mix-matching can hinder a system or help... it's a fine line.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That choice is solely yours. I typically dont recommend mix-matching speakers. Each has it's own power requirements and performance levels... mix-matching can hinder a system or help... it's a fine line.

Okay I'll just stick to JM then since that is what I have already.

Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Definitely lowers. More sound coming at you from the front. My next upgrade to my sound system will be in the lowers for sure.

@Wildman - +1 with the lowers. You will hear the front speakers much better than adding speakers behind you. This was sound advice given to me by audio experts (apologies for bad pun). I added lowers to my bike and am happy I did for the sound quality at higher speeds.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
@Wildman - +1 with the lowers. You will hear the front speakers much better than adding speakers behind you. This was sound advice given to me by audio experts (apologies for bad pun). I added lowers to my bike and am happy I did for the sound quality at higher speeds.
Well I ordered the JM lower speaker kit. So I'll get them installed and then maybe over the winter I'll order the saddle bag lids color matched and install them come spring. Right now my next BIG ticket item is a reverse for the bike.

I'm hoping these will add enough sound that I can really enjoy my ride to SW IX for those times I want music. There is a lot of time I just turn the music off and listen to the sound of my engine.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I also concur with Tim's statement....Four speaks really shines through the wind....Highly recommended!!! Good luck and post a few pixs?

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts