Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a 2018 RG ultra that in the photos I can see it has an audio upgrade but without seeing it in person I can’t tell which it is.
This is on an 18 RG Ultra, it has lowers with speakers and the tour pak. Both speaker grills have a red logo to center of the grills.

Does this grill and logo ring a bell of a kit or I may be something someone put together.
Thanks
Automotive lighting Automotive design Audio equipment Headlamp Gadget

· Premium Member
2,801 Posts
Those look like metra brand adapters. Not sure on the speakers. Any better pics?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those look like metra brand adapters. Not sure on the speakers. Any better pics?
No other photos. I am scheduled to go look at the bike this weekend but the photos on the website show these grills and speaker adapters for the lowers but when they sent me a video today, the lower speakers have been removed, the tour pack grills are now back to stock, and the grills on the fairing are back to stock. A bit irritated about it and now has me wondering how the install was done and more importantly how the removal was done.

· Premium Member
2,801 Posts
No other photos. I am scheduled to go look at the bike this weekend but the photos on the website show these grills and speaker adapters for the lowers but when they sent me a video today, the lower speakers have been removed, the tour pack grills are now back to stock, and the grills on the fairing are back to stock. A bit irritated about it and now has me wondering how the install was done and more importantly how the removal was done.
I would definitely call them out on it. Sorry to hear

Reactions: NCPiper

· The Greatest Moderator on The Internet
13,489 Posts
If all those components were returned to the stock ones I would venture a guess that whatever Audio Upgrade that was in there was removed and replaced to stock for "The Sale".
I would be leary if the "Seller" advertised it with an upgraded Audio System.
Best of Luck and Keep Us Posted.
Mike U.

· Registered
3,127 Posts
If all those components were returned to the stock ones I would venture a guess that whatever Audio Upgrade that was in there was removed and replaced to stock for "The Sale".
I'd pass and move along, if that was the case

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Best of Luck and Keep Us Posted.
Mike U.
Mike, it wasn’t “advertised” with an audio upgrade, but the pictures clearly show it. I’ll be pressing them about it when I go to look at it.

13,489 Posts
Mike, it wasn’t “advertised” with an audio upgrade, but the pictures clearly show it. I’ll be pressing them about it when I go to look at it.
Best of Luck Peter!
I hope everything works out to Your liking Brother.
If You are leary ask any questions that You may have prior to making a deal.
Mike U.

· Registered
Road Glide Ultra 2017 (2018) 107cui in gold / black
14 Posts
Our FLTRU is a 2017 model, it doesn't have speakers in the lower fairing and the grills in the fairing and top case are black without a red label. Hope this helps to clearify, that there was probably an upgrade on the photos. On the other hand, it is an Europe version... . But I think, if not written in explicit, your chances to insist on that upgrade for the same amount of money are poor, if you only have a pixelated photo and the video shows stock condition.
But probably, in the States this is different. In Europe nobody gets a compensation, when he dries his poodle in the microwave and the manufacturer didn't warn him before.
I am curious to read more.
Best regards Bernhard

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Best of Luck Peter!
I hope everything works out to Your liking Brother.
If You are leary ask any questions that You may have prior to making a deal.
Mike U.
Mike, I’m always leery about any dealership. Audio is something I have a pretty good handle and understanding of. I spent may days with Chris (CP) in his garage or mine working my last bike and his bike. This was back in 2017 before I moved out of state.
I know how easy it is for someone to cut corners on the install or removal. If I go forward with this one I would make them open the fairing for me to see what has been done and how it was put back together. Appreciate the input.

13,489 Posts
Mike, I’m always leery about any dealership. Audio is something I have a pretty good handle and understanding of. I spent may days with Chris (CP) in his garage or mine working my last bike and his bike. This was back in 2017 before I moved out of state.
I know how easy it is for someone to cut corners on the install or removal. If I go forward with this one I would make them open the fairing for me to see what has been done and how it was put back together. Appreciate the input.
It sounds like You have a good handle on this Peter.
Being friends with @cpbedor Chris and working on each other's bikes, I know You know what You are doing.
If this Glide is the one You really want I hope it works out to Your liking.
Keep Us Posted Brother.
Mike U.

· Premium Member
6,364 Posts
gives you good leverage to drop the price from selling price, and you get to put the system that you want in it's place... win/win (as long as they didin't hack up the wiring in the process)

· Registered
778 Posts
@Peter1003 -- Devore is that you?? if so, we've made lots of advancements since 2017 brother so it doesn't really matter what's in there currently because if you're anything like I remember, you're going to rip it all out and start from scratch anyways. If you like the bike and the pricetag, get it and then I'll come down and rip it all out with you and reinstall a banger. You've got my number, shoot me a text!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts