Road Glide banner

Which Cam Plate and Oil Pump To Use

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to do another engine project and I am putting together a list of parts that I want to use. some of them I am familiar with and others that I am not. The parts that I am not familiar with are being chosen for different reasons, like manufacturer reputation, cost and functionality.

I am setting out to build a 117 CI" Twin Cam Engine I want to use the Fueling Cam Plate and Oil Pump but someone that I know had said that in comparison to the SE Cam Plate and Pump (Upgraded Version) that the Fueling set up is inferior. The following is what he had said,

"i wouldnt use either they are not a good set up the pump assemblys wet sump over night i dont like them and they are nothing but trouble stock plates with the pumps set up correct are awesome and no sumping! many of over 100 hp bikes out there with factory pumps and plates"

Does everyone have the same view as this or not?

So I need a Cam Plate and an Oil Pump. Which one should I use? An SE set up, a Fueling set up, or different one that I am not thinking of?

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
I went Feuling, but I read good things about the SE one as well. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Direct Harley Parts (forum sponsor) has the Fueling kit for $639.95. Best price I could find. It includes the cam chest, oil pump, lifters, and gaskets.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went Feuling, but I read good things about the SE one as well. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Direct Harley Parts (forum sponsor) has the Fueling kit for $639.95. Best price I could find. It includes the cam chest, oil pump, lifters, and gaskets.
I am not interested in the lifters as I have a certain one that I will use. So in regards to what my friend is saying about the Fueling Plate, do you agree with this since you have a Fueling plate and pump?

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
Can't answer that yet as mine is still in the box. Just got my bottom end back so I am reassembling today, but won't be up and running for a couple weeks probably. I have not read a single negative thing about the Feuling except for the price.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't answer that yet as mine is still in the box. Just got my bottom end back so I am reassembling today, but won't be up and running for a couple weeks probably. I have not read a single negative thing about the Feuling except for the price.
I would be very interested in getting your opinion about their performance when you get it up and running. He was saying something about the internal design of the Fueling Plate and kind of animated about it too. ?????? I agree, their stuff is not cheep at all.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Cannot comment on the Fueling parts as I have never used them. I have used the newest version of the SE pump and plate on a couple bikes. I have had very good luck with this set-up and use it in my own bike. No sumping problems and oil pressure is 18lb at idle and 45 to 50lb at 2700 rpm with oil temp at 220*

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cannot comment on the Fueling parts as I have never used them. I have used the newest version of the SE pump and plate on a couple bikes. I have had very good luck with this set-up and use it in my own bike. No sumping problems and oil pressure is 18lb at idle and 45 to 50lb at 2700 rpm with oil temp at 220*
Cool. Not sure what his issue is with the Fueling stuff. That is pretty respectable oil pressure at idle without a spring upgrade.

BTW, I answered your question about my set up on my dyno post. Check it out.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the information. I do think that the Fueling Plate and Pump is going to be good to go. What lifters are included in the kit?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts