Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at the touring stabilizer on the market, I see quite a few out there, looking for my buddys bike mainly, its an 06, I recently saw one by throttle up industries for 149.00 shipped, its all steel powdercoated and is a simple 30 minute install. Which ones do my fellow shark tank members have and prefer?:confused:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Progressive bagger brace. Like another motor/tranny mount that is flush with the frame. Solid and tracks great.

·
Registered
9,594 Posts
http://www.glide-pro.com/

These guys have a good stabilizer link also. Check out some of his videos showing you how to make sure your bike is lined up correctly, to begin with.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, as of this moment my buddy has decided on the progressive touring link, think I agree with him.:cool:

·
Registered
7,107 Posts
Progressive Touring Link is on my 08 and it works great.
I got the Progressive Touring Link because it was reasonably priced and it was easy to install and I don't lose any ground clearance which is important to me.
When I was shopping for a stabilizer Progressive was the only stabilizer that didn't lose ground clearance.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Questions like this usually yeild a list of everything that exists.

I have the True Track system based on reviews and the fact that it was well priced with free install at Sturgis last year.

Very happy with it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Questions like this usually yeild a list of everything that exists.

I have the True Track system based on reviews and the fact that it was well priced with free install at Sturgis last year.

Very happy with it.
how much difference did it make on your '13?

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
how much difference did it make on your '13?
So, a couple points I'd make here:

1) I dont have experience with other systems, but I like the result.
2) Its entirely possible that other less expensive systems could have provided the same results, but I just dont know since I've never hade other stabilization systems on my bike
3) On the 09-up bikes, given the improvements in the frame design, I think any improvement would be subtle. I think my bike is firmer, and really assertive/firm in turns and long sweepers.
4) The True Track does come with caveats however - if you want a center stand, for example, you are out of luck with this system.

·
Registered
9,594 Posts
So, a couple points I'd make here:

1) I dont have experience with other systems, but I like the result.
2) Its entirely possible that other less expensive systems could have provided the same results, but I just dont know since I've never hade other stabilization systems on my bike
3) On the 09-up bikes, given the improvements in the frame design, I think any improvement would be subtle. I think my bike is firmer, and really assertive/firm in turns and long sweepers.
4) The True Track does come with caveats however - if you want a center stand, for example, you are out of luck with this system.
Being that the new frames are pretty solid to begin with , what made you purchase such an expensive kit , or stabilizer kit at all ?

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Being that the new frames are pretty solid to begin with , what made you purchase such an expensive kit , or stabilizer kit at all ?
Because I hate money. Any time I have some, I just trade it in on something different.

·
Registered
9,594 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,068 Posts
I bought the Alloy Art Stabilizer, and had it sitting around for awhile but decided to go ahead and put it on after I changed out my clutch. To my surprise I do actually notice a slight difference in cornering now. :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Alloy Art as well - installed in winter and it's still winter so I can't say if there will be a major difference or not.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I installed the Glide Pro on my 02 Road King and it preformed great, stiffened up the rear end a good bit, no more wobble. But why not go after the root of the problem. Harley uses rubber bushings ,these are made of urethane and a simple install.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts