Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the S&S True Duals. Hopefully get them installed in the next week or so. Looking forward to a little more sound and performance.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I just bought the S&S True Duals. Hopefully get them installed in the next week or so. Looking forward to a little more sound and performance.
I wouldnt look forward to more performance with true duals.

I have V&H dresser duals, and I'm probably moving to Fuel Moto 2-1 later this spring.

They sound great, but performance is not one of the characteristics of true duals.

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
I use V&H dresser duals on my 08 and they work just fine.
Don't worry about the performance a 2 into 1 isn't going to give you that much performance gain to where you would notice it.
I use to run V&H big shot true duals and with a SE255 cam in my 103 The bike dynoed out at 107 ft lbs of torque.

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
I've got the Cobra Power Port Dual Headpipes. They are kinda like true duals but with a crossover type "H-pipe" connecting the two. Love the look and sound coupled with my CFRs. The power seems to be right on managed by the Power Vision.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I have the V&H Duals. Nice and meaty. Sampson slip ons behind. Great sound. Love the thump of duals.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
I am running a Drago's true dual system with Dragula mufflers. Great sounding system with equally good quality!!!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Drago's head pipes and CFR mufflers myself, can't beat the sound!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Dragos here. I love the sound.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have the Rinehart 3.5" mufflers to go with the S&S headers. Really wanted to go the V&H monster rounds, but I don't think I have enough clearance with my Bad Dad bags and fender.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm running Rush true duals, VH slipons,with 57H Andrews. Sounds good, runs good, planning to switch to Rush Big Louie mufflers.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Drago's pipes and mufflers. I wanted quiet, with a little bark. Frank sent the correct baffles for what I wanted. I installed a PV at the same time and I like what I have. A little extra noise on throttle with a crisp response and less heat. No dyno, no numbers. I don't care about that.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Exhaust

I have Python true duals and V&H 3.5 inch slash cut mufflers. Nice rumble when cruising and a bark when I twist the throttle. :cool:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got them installed and the weather was good enough (42 and sunny) to put on close to 50 miles.

Love the sound. It has a nice rumble at idle and at WOT the bike has that nice Rinehart rip to it. I'll say that the acceleration feels a lot smoother overall too. The power curve just feels smoother compared to the stock headers. I'll take it. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts