Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Which will give a better tune without dyno time? They all seem to cost around the same ? Probably will just stay at a Stage 1.
PC-V with wide band auto tune module.
Power vision with basic auto tune.
TTS master tune.
Screaming eagle Pro Race tuner.
Thundermax with autotune... added by popular demand.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have a Power Vision and really like it. Running Basic right now, but will be getting wide band sensors sometime for even better results.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
The auto tuners are by far better but if youre just gonna stay with a stage1 set up and dont want to spend a shit ton of money then look into the Vance & Hines Fuelpak. I have it and im quite pleased with it. Its very simple to install and their tech service is great. I have a stock 96" with just a stage1 and its fine. A nice lil improvement over stock and roughly $250ish. If you do have plans for more engine mods then dont bother. Look at the auto tuners as the fuelpak isnt really adjustable to much more than stage1. A lil food for thought :)

·
Super Moderator
12,336 Posts
Thundermax here, 2nd bike with one, very happy.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I just order the Thundermax so I will let you know how I like it in a week or so. It was between the Tmax or the PV but I went with the Tmax because I didn't want the unit on my handlebars like the PV.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I have had the vance and hines, it was good. I then had the power commander, it was alittle better. Now I have the Cobra Si2000 and wouldn't think about changing it out. Its a simple plug and play autotuner, so there is no maps to download or adjustments to be made. Well worth the extra scratch.
My buddy runs the new Rush autotuner and he seems to like that alot.

But as far as which one to get, you might as well ask what color to get your next bike in cause you will get that many opinions and suggestions.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Land shark- I was in the same boat as you a few weeks back: simple stage one and needing a tune. I researched and decided to go with the Power Vision with basic auto-tune. Here's why:
* Easy to setup and tune
* Good map and tech support
* Don't need to add wide band O2 sensors for the simple stage one
* Don't need a PC to tune
* Easy to expand to Pro system with wide band sensors if/when I add cams, etc..
* Can simply flash the ECU and remove, or mount on my bars to monitor any data channel I want, plus other cool features
* Fuel Moto sells the PV with 2X the Dynojet standard warranty, and had a great bundle deal (stage one a/c) for 1/2 the price of T-Max.

The Fuel Moto map was nearly dead-on. My auto-tune session barely required any trims. I am using the PV to monitor a few sets of different data: easy to arrow over to different "gauge" packs with data sets I have defined - including calculated data such as fuel consumption. I can monitor current fuel mileage, average fuel mileage, gear indicator, intake temp, or whatever....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
574 Posts
Take a look at the available maps for the non-autotune units and see if they have what you are thinking of buying. If they don't have the combination you're looking for, move on to the next (again, unless you are getting an autotuner. You will find a few have may have what you are looking for. It's good to do this before you decide on what exhaust, headers and filter you want.

·
Registered
399 Posts
ThunderMax is the best for auto-tune. They also just came out with a one shot tuner for pipes and stage 1 that is half the price of the auto-tuner. I have had their products on my bikes since 2003 and love them. You get what you pay for and they are the best IMO!

·
Registered
477 Posts
I just order the Thundermax so I will let you know how I like it in a week or so. It was between the Tmax or the PV but I went with the Tmax because I didn't want the unit on my handlebars like the PV.
Hey Ironmark - reading your mods, why did you order the tmax?

EZ

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Hey Ironmark - reading your mods, why did you order the tmax?

EZ
Well I went to a stage IV build (haven't changed my sig yet) and been having problems with the builder and then after 4 months of problems the builder did a dyno tune but personally he couldn't tuna a fish. The bike pops on decel a lot and it is almost embarrassing to ride so instead of going back to the asshole that did this tune I am going to put in a T-Max and run the bike until I get the bike to a class A dyno man.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Land shark- I was in the same boat as you a few weeks back: simple stage one and needing a tune. I researched and decided to go with the Power Vision with basic auto-tune. Here's why:
* Easy to setup and tune
* Good map and tech support
* Don't need to add wide band O2 sensors for the simple stage one
* Don't need a PC to tune
* Easy to expand to Pro system with wide band sensors if/when I add cams, etc..
* Can simply flash the ECU and remove, or mount on my bars to monitor any data channel I want, plus other cool features
* Fuel Moto sells the PV with 2X the Dynojet standard warranty, and had a great bundle deal (stage one a/c) for 1/2 the price of T-Max.

The Fuel Moto map was nearly dead-on. My auto-tune session barely required any trims. I am using the PV to monitor a few sets of different data: easy to arrow over to different "gauge" packs with data sets I have defined - including calculated data such as fuel consumption. I can monitor current fuel mileage, average fuel mileage, gear indicator, intake temp, or whatever....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I also have the PV-1 and pretty much agree with what gr8bigdude posted above. The map that Fuel Moto installed in mine was also very close to perfect. One thing to add in respone to Ironmarks post, you don't have to have the PV-1 mounted to the bars. Since it downloads a map to you ECM you can remove it or leave it on as gr8bigdude did. When I recieved mine I just pluged it in and downloaded the map, then I removed it. I didn't want to remove the tank to run the cable to the bars, (it was full), so I put it back in it's box. The bike ran great. Don't think I'll ever permenently install on the bars. I'll just install and remove as needed, it just plugs in.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts