Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2021 HD FLTRX 107 cu in
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the old lady surprised me with a klock werks 9in Sport Flare while I had ordered a memphis shades 6.5 dark smoke. The KW showed up first and that's when I learned she had bought it for me and my memphis shades was scheduled to be delivered. Now I have both. What should I do?

·
Registered
2021 RGS Billiard Red / Vivid Black
83 Posts
I have the MS 6.5 dark smoke as well. Really enjoy it. Slight wind buffeting at highway speeds right at the top of my helmet, but I sacrifice a bit of smooth air for the look I like vs a taller shield

·
Premium Member
2018 FLTRX
619 Posts
If you only want one, ride em both, keep the one you like. Remember to add the wife bias KW.
Your the only one that should have an input…. And the Mrs.

·
Registered
2021 HD FLTRX 107 cu in
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My vote if only one is Memphis shades, really great shield.
I wanted KW at first before all the positive reviews for MS so that's why I ordered that one. Forgot to update my wish list for birthday, anniversary, father's day and I've been doing great and you deserve this list I made for her

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wanted KW at first before all the positive reviews for MS so that's why I ordered that one. Forgot to update my wish list for birthday, anniversary, father's day and I've been doing great and you deserve this list I made for her
I demo’d two KW’s at a dealership. Wasn’t impressed.

·
Super Moderator
4,374 Posts
My vote is to thank the Wife for the thoughtful gift. Then explain you’d already ordered the Memphis Shades. Of course I’m biased and it’s not my Wife I have to do any explaining to lol.

Reactions: Mike U and RFG7680

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Keep them both. I have 3. Stock special, 6.5" opaque black sport flare and the 14" Sportflare.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had the KW. Then got the MS 6.5. I never went back to the KW. MS way better.

·
Registered
2021 RGL 114
49 Posts
I'm with skratch. I have a 12" sport touring for summer and a 14" touring for cold weather, both Freedom Shields.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have you tried either of them out? If not, do so. Windshields are not a one size/type fits all. That's why most RG owners have a few of them. I always thought I needed 2, + the stock pos. Earlier this summer I went on a selling binge, thinning out the herd of all the spare and take off parts I had. Tuurns out I had 5 windshields on hand. I have only used one of them over the past 4-5 years, a Windvest.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
I actually prefer the 9"KW over the 8 1/2"MS... With the MS I get dirty air right in my ears and feel like I just got off a long flight and need to pop my ears...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts