Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told it is easier to run the wires through the bars by getting wire extenders because of the smaller plug. I realize they are not needed, but which ones should I get and how long? i am not sure how this works as well, so any instruction will be apreciated. I realize this topic has been covered several times over, but I am a slow learner. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have used the plug in ext and sometimes they come unplugged, so now its all solder and heat shrink staggerd joints and its allways perfect

·
Registered
277 Posts
Little more info could make a big difference. Year of bike, rise of new bars etc.

You may not need extensions if your bars are 12" or less. I just did my Khromewerks +2 sweepers and didn't change anything except the twist grip sensor. Changed that out to the one without the plug (part # 32310-08). Everything is internal now and this is with 1" bars.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My bike is a 2010 RG. Going with 12" Monkey Bars. I know the extensions are not needed, I am just looking for which extensions to get to eliminate the large OEM plug, or at least get a smaller plug to make it easier to slide through. I would really like to get rid of the plug (without soldering) if possible?

·
Registered
277 Posts
My bike is a 2010 RG. Going with 12" Monkey Bars. I know the extensions are not needed, I am just looking for which extensions to get to eliminate the large OEM plug, or at least get a smaller plug to make it easier to slide through. I would really like to get rid of the plug (without soldering) if possible?
If you're talking about the green plug on the TBW, part # 32310-08 is what I used. Eliminated the plug completely.

A tip for taking the plug off the end of the upper controls is to use a small paperclip. Bend it out straight and it fits in the hole to release the individual wires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts