Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I received boom iPod interface the other day and have yet to install it. And reading this forum has given me lots of ideas and thoughts of what to do while I'm already in there. I'm thinking of upgrading headlights, HD hidden antenna and maybe amp and new speakers. I just have a couple of questions before I decide on headlights and I'm sure they have been answered before on this forum.Will HID's interfere with hidden FM antenna? I'm also thinking Daymakers, but are they worth the cost?. But don't want to try a led bulbs or hid kits if I'm gonna end up getting Daymakers at the end. Anyone running HID lights still want Daymakers?

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
No interference here either from the Socal hid's. I don't run a hidden antenna tho. I like the look of the HD LED's when they're off better but think the HID's are brighter during the day.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I'd say LED Daymakers hands down! You can list and sell your factory lights to regain some money back and then you'll only be into them for a few hundred bucks. I'll be honest the HID's are an improvement over stock bulbs but still nowhere near the daymakers light output. The first night ride you do with the daymakers you'll quickly forget how much money you spent on them! Plus they also look oh so wicked! :D

Reactions: cgaroberts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
'Have the DayMakers in the '09 SERG, the SoCal HID / Led Kit in the '05 SEEG.

The DayMakers are pimp, but for the money, I really like the HIDs so far...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I received boom iPod interface the other day and have yet to install it. And reading this forum has given me lots of ideas and thoughts of what to do while I'm already in there. I'm thinking of upgrading headlights, HD hidden antenna and maybe amp and new speakers. I just have a couple of questions before I decide on headlights and I'm sure they have been answered before on this forum.Will HID's interfere with hidden FM antenna? I'm also thinking Daymakers, but are they worth the cost?. But don't want to try a led bulbs or hid kits if I'm gonna end up getting Daymakers at the end. Anyone running HID lights still want Daymakers?
I put 4 different bulbs in my 2007 rg , then hid . all a waste of time. Bit the bullet and bought daymaker. As I drive at night I can honestly say it was a drastic improvement

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
I don't know what year the bike is but I bought the Chi Com day makers for my bike around 4 years ago for around $165 and they work great and I've had no problems with them.
My antenna mount is on the rear fender so I took the stock antenna and remove it and then pulled 1 bolt out of the mounting bracket so it will rotate forward then take the antenna and slide it in between the frame and the seat and screw the antenna in the mounting bracket and WA-LA you have a hidden antenna that gets good reception don't forget to tighten the 1 bolt in the mounting bracket. The antenna mod doesn't cost a penny to do either.

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
I dont know about any interference between the daymaker and the hidden antenna but I would talk to people in your area to see how the reception is with those antennas. My local dealer parts guy told me that he hates even having them in the store to sell because most of the people that buy them bitch about how much they suck. He said reception is horrible in my area. I found that out a couple years ago when I went in to buy one. Just something to consider before you buy one

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
my 2013 cvo had the hidden antenna. it keeps your bike looking pretty slick without having a whip flapping around, but, unless you're in an area that has a powerful transmitter, reception is poor at best. i didn't care though, i rarely listened to the radio.

and the jw speaker haymaker (aka stock hd) did not introduce any interference with the radio.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts