Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don’t get by the dealership often enough to ask them, but for you guy’s that bought 2021’s did they come with a WHIM installed? Just curious.....

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
It’s my understanding that only CVOs come with a WHIM from the factory.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
$300 dollars plus a flash to enable it. Flash can be done by most owners or indy's with tools like Centurion. Easy install .

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Reactions: 2016RGS2626

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$300 dollars plus a flash to enable it. Flash can be done by most owners or indy's with tools like Centurion. Easy install .

I installed it on my 2020. Was curious if MOCO wasn’t cheaping out with it on the 21’s.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I installed it on my 2020. Was curious if MOCO wasn’t cheaping out with it on the 21’s.
Your model may have had the WHIM installed at the Dealer. According to the Harley-Davidson web site, the only model that came with Wireless Headset as Standard Equipment was the CVO model. The Limited came with the Wired Headset connection as standard. All others didn’t have headset even listed as an Factory option. It is listed as an “Add On” option in the Accessory Catalog.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your model may have had the WHIM installed at the Dealer. According to the Harley-Davidson web site, the only model that came with Wireless Headset as Standard Equipment was the CVO model. The Limited came with the Wired Headset connection as standard. All others didn’t have headset even listed as an Factory option. It is listed as an “Add On” option in the Accessory Catalog.
I installed it, as in me.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I recovered the WHIM off my totaled 2017 and it went on my 2020. Dealer pulled it off the totaled bike and installed it on the new for me no charge. One thing we did different as suggested by a member here.
Instead of running the data cable to the side cover . We ran it to the right speaker Easier to get to if you ever need to.
I know some take issue with the WHIM. I like it

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I recovered the WHIM off my totaled 2017 and it went on my 2020. Dealer pulled it off the totaled bike and installed it on the new for me no charge. One thing we did different as suggested by a member here.
Instead of running the data cable to the side cover . We ran it to the right speaker Easier to get to if you ever need to.
I know some take issue with the WHIM. I like it
The WHIM works for me too. I coiled up the cable and zipped tied to the main wire harness on the right side just in front of my tank. No interference with lock to lock on bar turning. It’s out of sight and no need to access or remove anything on the bike to get to the plug.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts