Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Yesterday I noticed that the fuel system on my bike seems to be making a low level whine-hiss only can I hear it. (I am sure it is always but the pipes are loud at speed). My question, is this normal? Do any of you have the same issue?
Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear the same initial pressurizing Jayray, this however is a low level whine that seems to continue while the bike is running. I am not sure if it is the fuel system make adjustments or if it just the pump.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
You will hear it on initial start up and sometimes hear it at an idle. Its the fuel pump running. When you stop hearing it is when you need to worry.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Same noise as when you first prime the pump at startup? Might not be the pump but an other engine noise your hearing? Any question stop by the dealer. I hear a whiny noise but it's after 500 miles located near the rear of the bike. Turned out to be the wife.:eek:

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
A low whine with a hiss thrown in? Hmmm....I think you have my ex wife trapped in your fuel system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT LET THAT BITCH OUT!!!!!!!!:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts