Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone hear a whistle sometime?
Coming from front sometimes hear a loud whistle, pretty annoying. Not all the time. Have to be above 60mph. Anyone else?

·
Registered
My other wife loves my '17 FLTRU too!
169 Posts
Anyone hear a whistle sometime?
Coming from front sometimes hear a loud whistle, pretty annoying. Not all the time. Have to be above 60mph. Anyone else?
Yes, Sometimes happens at lower speeds depending on the wind direction relative to my direction of travel.
I'm thinking it is the seal behind the windshield where it crosses the vent. The curve of the shield isn't an exact match to the curve of the fairing and there is a small gap between the window and the seal.
I loosened the windshield mount screws and pushed the center of the window while tightening them back up.
The whistle isn't completely gone but it is better and not as loud at speed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you using a Madstad windshield?
I'm using the 14" klock werks. Didn't put a whole lot of miles on it before I changed it so can't say if it contributes. It's weird sometimes don't notice it at all, sometimes it's loud enough hear it over stereo

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Could be the seal between the screen and fairing. Some people also got air blowing in the fairing behind the headlight as well. Try different things and see what works.

·
Registered
2021 RGL 114
50 Posts
Do you have vent screens?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I will get a whistle as speed here and there as well, might be windshield, vent fit-up vs. the fairing, or like Mopar said, the headlight. I just pretend I'm one of the Flying tigers on a bombing run at Midway Island......LOL

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had this issue before....it was after I removed the fairing to install my vent screens. Turns out I didn't have the windshield seated correctly. I removed and replaced the windshield again making sure it was seated correctly. Just be careful tightening the bolts holding it on. They don't require much torque. Don't aske me how I know.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine did. Its the vent, or at least was on mine, just remove the windshield and make sure its snapped into place, very simple fix. There is also another thread on here of others who had the same problem and the vent "adjustment" fixed it

·
Premium Member
2018 FLTRX
622 Posts
I did after the dealer put my screen back on. I loosened it, reseat it and tightened properly.

SPLADAAA. Screamer gone.

·
Registered
146 Posts
On my trip to Utah, about 1/2 way through, I developed a whistle, seems to be coming from right side of the windshield. Intermittent. Bike was a mess from the trip. Didn't wash it until I got home.
Strange enough, not only is the bike clean, but the whistle is gone, and hasn't resurfaced. Me thinking some dirt got in-between the shield and the fairing, and when I washed it, it got dislodged.
Whatever happened, I'm glad its gone.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
On my trip to Utah, about 1/2 way through, I developed a whistle, seems to be coming from right side of the windshield. Intermittent. Bike was a mess from the trip. Didn't wash it until I got home.
Strange enough, not only is the bike clean, but the whistle is gone, and hasn't resurfaced. Me thinking some dirt got in-between the shield and the fairing, and when I washed it, it got dislodged.
Whatever happened, I'm glad its gone.
So then, as long as it's clean your good?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Mine on my 08 SG was the Rinehart 2-1 would only whistle on concrete. Was the damndest thing. Straight whistle. Only on certain surfaces. Mainly concrete highway.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 33 Posts