Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Reactions: DanHappy

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
335 Posts
I've had the whistle problem, but mine didn't come from vents or the fairing,
My came from the front axle bolt, the bolt hole for tightening was whistling, rotated it back a little, and the whistling went away.... took me a little bit to track it down, but was so annoying I never gave up until I did find it,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone hear a whistle sometime?
Coming from front sometimes hear a loud whistle, pretty annoying. Not all the time. Have to be above 60mph. Anyone else?
Yes! Between about 60 and 75 there’s a distinct whistle sound. On my RGS it sounds like it’s coming from below the front of the fairing. I just ignore it and stay above 75 (ha!).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Use a piece of masking tape to fill the gap as shown in the photo. I figured out my whistle while on a long road trip. I used a piece of door strip insulation to stop the noise. Hope it helps.
Land vehicle Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
145 Posts
Use a piece of masking tape to fill the gap as shown in the photo. I figured out my whistle while on a long road trip. I used a piece of door strip insulation to stop the noise. Hope it helps.
View attachment 432636
[/QUOTE]
Man, that's a lot of protean!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone hear a whistle sometime?
Coming from front sometimes hear a loud whistle, pretty annoying. Not all the time. Have to be above 60mph. Anyone else?
Yep brother, my 2021 road glide,with only less than 5k miles, began a roaring somewhat whistling noise and it turned out to be front wheel bearing..

21 - 33 of 33 Posts