Road Glide banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a new 15 Road Glide Special and have put about 350 miles on it. Everything is still stock on the bike. I'm getting a "Whistling Sound" at 55-65 mph. I don't hear it below, or above, those speeds. Has anyone else run into this noise, and if so, have you been able to get rid of it?

·
Registered
542 Posts
My buddy has a 15. He was telling me about the whistling just tonite.
he said he thinks its the gap under the headlight. He has a piece of painters tap there now. He said he will put some black foam in there?

·
Registered
853 Posts
It's just the wind admirin' the aerodynamics and the style of your beautiful new Harley.....enjoy....!:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had the same issue. Mine was coming from the windshield. What I did to fix it was loosen all screws holding the windshield. With them loose press firmly on the windshield near the bottom and back. I started with the middle screws and worked my way back.
Doing this solved my issue

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 Road Glide Ultra CVO and have this whistling noise as well. I hear it mostly at 65 – 70 mph. After experimenting with closing off various gaps in the fairing with painters tape and then road testing each time, I found that the gap between the lower part of the headlight and the fairing on my bike was definitely the culprit.
I phoned a few Harley dealers (service dept) and all stated they never heard of the problem. I will try the 3/8" foam suggestion that I seen in another thread. I also read on another post that one person took outer fairing off and put a piece of automotive moulding from Pep Boys into the gap. I'm not pulling off outer fairing myself on a new bike as this should be a warranty fix from HD. Any other other solutions out there?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.