Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a power vision setup by fuel moto. I have cobra exhaust header and mufflers along with fuel moto air cleaner. I pulled my plugs tonight and they are white in color. I thought they were suppose to be light brown and the white was lean. I have done several auto tunes. I seem to get a little popping on hard down shifting. Bike seems to run good thou.

Thoughts?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Have Jackpot header and 4 " jackpot ceramic mufflers. Got white spark plugs too. The mufflers exhibit a dusty tan so the bike is running great. Lean is mean. Bike runs great.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Well... sorry about this Charley but maybe the dealer found your white plugs and then MoCo sees that as an excuse to say "Your ECM caused your bent valve"? Even though I don't believe that can happen, too white is too lean and an ECM map change can correct that.

Therefore I'm with TimmyG on sending a data log in so a better map can be created. Jamie is known for excellent customer service.

ETA for Charley: Maybe the comment mocotom just offered in your other thread can shed some light too? Your call on a new post in this thread.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I can offer, my 03 being 1st ever injected bike(PcdmrIII) with hookers, to me white (slight tan) plugs since new, @90k and will still back down traffic on pops, been told it's gonna hole piston, bend a valve.... since new, think the cross over pipe is the fun to try to tune out, others with SE pipes the same, should ask-what kinda stage?

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
815 Posts
Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? Thanks Jamie. I honestly didn't know that pure white doesn't automatically signal a dangerous situation.
Generally speaking plug color changes very little from 13.5-16.0 AFR, the electrode and insulator will pretty much remain clean at these mixtures, so in the end you could make a considerable change in AF and see little to no difference in plug color.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts