Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Ladies and gentleman, she's back. Complete enough to ride and take a few pictures. Yeah there's a piece missing, she's a few different shades of black(in varying stages of buffing), little bit Streetglide, touch of CVO, but mostly Roadglide and finally pinstripe free. For those that don't know, she attacked a Ford SVU last year and got beat up pretty good. Dealers first estimate was near 18K. I fought that down to 8K so I could keep her. This isn't really a build thread. More like a Built thread. Some peeps here thought I should share so I am. She's not quite done. She needs a little make up (buffing) and a fuel tank console. Powdercoater F'ed my black one up so I'm waiting for PcPain to ship my new one. So here she is.

·
Super Moderator
12,315 Posts
Looks good, so I'm going to assume that you're all ok and ready to ride.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good, so I'm going to assume that you're all ok and ready to ride.
All injuries from the crash are healed well enough to ride. I had surgeries this winter on my forearms and carpal tunnels though so I'm having a hard time riding right now. The sport bike isn't bad. The Glide is challenging being heavier and I don't have much grip strength right now so the SE clutch spring is causing some problems. All good though. It's not even really spring here yet.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the kind words folks. This whole ordeal has shown me just how much I love my Glide. I was out for a bit yesterday and I was soooo nervous. I do not want to go through that BS again. The other bikes are just...bikes and I wouldn't be devestated if I had to let either one go. There's a place in my heart for this one and I'm going to TRY to quit riding her like a $20 hooker.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Looking good from here man! Stay away from them Fords, they don't play well with others :)

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
That is really stunning the way you got her all decked out. Congrats, O Mighty One! Hope that you're 100% soon to take advantage of the warmer weather when it hits.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts