Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left yesterday with a mild migraine but I had to get out of the city. Only made it to Missoula, MT. These posts may be short because this iPad likes to erase my text before I submit it. Nothing but superslab yesterday so just a pic of the packed up Glide. Hopefully something better to post tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Wishing I was ripping it up right beside you brother.

I seriously need a long road trip.

Maybe Hills Country here in Texas would be a great first run for me here.

I need to spread my wings a little and enjoy my new state.

Keep the pictures coming MW !!!

Bikes looking good all packed up.

Swomack

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Whiteys road trip

Enjoy the trip, keep us posted on how things are going

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wishing I was ripping it up right beside you brother.

I seriously need a long road trip.

Maybe Hills Country here in Texas would be a great first run for me here.

I need to spread my wings a little and enjoy my new state.

Keep the pictures coming MW !!!

Bikes looking good all packed up.

Swomack
I've been waiting since the crash last year. Wish you could be up here riding with me. Maybe we can all get together next year in Colorado.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Slept in today knowing I'd have To slab it again to get to my starting point for my ride over beartooth and into Yellowstone. Smoky all day and nothing to photograph but the other old stone prison in Deer lodge,MT. Tomorrow through next Saturday is going to be interstate free. Hopefully the smoke hasn't moved down into Yellowstone. Hopefully there'll be some good photos to post tomorrow night. Hate having to do this with my phone. Would be nice if .org would ditch all the ads and give us our forum back.

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
Sounds like a great trip whitey, looking forward to some good pics!

Started posting this reply earlier but got erased, my tablet has the roadside.org blues too.

I only took ten minutes this time!

Travel safe!

·
Registered
515 Posts
That's great! Ever tried the REVER app? Tracks your ride and you can add pictures and comments. Then just post the link here and people can see the whole thing. I'm not selling I just think it's a cool tool. Wish I had it on my travels this summer. Great looking bikes all around, yo

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Hows the road trip going? New pics, tales to tell???
I just opened RG.org on ghostery and it actually seems to be working so far. Enjoying just being able to ride all day and see new places. Spent two days in Yellowstone. Rode Beartooth, chief Joseph hwy...scenic byway? Not sure what it's called. Stayed in Cody,WY for an unbelievable amount of money. Tired of the smoke from the Forrest fires so headed for Idaho today. Western Montana is so Smokey it gave me a headache. Lolo Pass was still Smoldering. Not too bad in Orofino, ID. Going to check out Hells Canyon tomorrow and hope it's clear. If not I'm going North up Idaho and west across Washington and head home. I've been getting in late and haven't moved any photos to postimage.org yet but I will soon. Nothing too exciting. Just good scenery for you city folks.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Sorry to hear about the smoke. It was that way in '12 when I travelled out west. Waking up with ash on the tents. Roads closed, detours, feeling the heat from some fires which means we probably just got through before they closed the road. No sky, no sun. Still a great trip though!

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Sorry you're having to deal with the smoke, but glad you're still enjoying the trip....when life gives you lemons........Enjoy the remainder of your trip.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts