Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the model and size of this windshield? It looks like a Klock Werks, but with no/less flare? Anyone info would be helpful, thanks!

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts
I can't magnify the picture large enough for me to really see, but it almost looks like a HD Wind Splitter, IMO. I have a KW and a Wind Splitter, looks more like the HD. :confused:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
It's the 12" HD smoked Wind Splitter.

Reactions: mr4teth

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I've had it for 40k + miles. It works great for me. I believe there's a 10 and 14" as well. I'm also using the HD wind baffles on the engine guard. Those made a huge difference IMO. I don't have anything to compare the shield to as I came off a FatBoy. There are a lot of shields available and everyone has their own personal preference. I may try a different one in the future but this one works well.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Looks like the 12" HD Windsplitter. Had mine for 10,000 miles, threw it in the dumpster after purchasing new shield. Totally worthless at speeds above 45-50 mph.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks like the 12" HD Windsplitter. Had mine for 10,000 miles, threw it in the dumpster after purchasing new shield. Totally worthless at speeds above 45-50 mph.
I realize this post is years old, but figured I'd go ahead and resurrect. What did you replace your windsplitter with? I'm not really a fan of mine either and have been searching the threads.

As of now it seems the Freedomshields 12" is my most likely bet. Not sure whether to get the touring or sport touring, though. Maybe I'll give em a call and get some advice. Cee Baileys is usually a pretty solid bet, too, but I'm not crazy about their stylings....

·
Registered
35 Posts
I realize this post is years old, but figured I'd go ahead and resurrect. What did you replace your windsplitter with? I'm not really a fan of mine either and have been searching the threads.

As of now it seems the Freedomshields 12" is my most likely bet. Not sure whether to get the touring or sport touring, though. Maybe I'll give em a call and get some advice. Cee Baileys is usually a pretty solid bet, too, but I'm not crazy about their stylings....
Freedom 12" is what I have been using for the last 2 years. I do like it a lot. But soon after I put it on, Clearview Shields came out with one that is a tad but wider, and I always wished I could have gotten that one. Oh well.....

·
Registered
491 Posts
I went with a 14.5 Madstad. If you're into style, this probably isn't the shield for you. Performance wise, this shield is untouchable. Unlike most, I prefer "function over form".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts