Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried 2 different ways to try and adjust the voltage on the speaker out put. First using line levelers and was told they limit the input. Swapped those out for a DSP1 and still only getting a max of 13.3 to each speaker or 27ish if going bridged. Can someone else using this amp confirm your voltage when tuning the amp. I can’t wrap my finger around this one

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finally figured out the problem with the help of an audio shop. The 19 radios don’t like the 1000hz tuning file. Had to use a 500hz. Problem solved. Thanks to all that had tried to help on my other posts.

Reactions: DanHappy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Finally figured out the problem with the help of an audio shop. The 19 radios don’t like the 1000hz tuning file. Had to use a 500hz. Problem solved. Thanks to all that had tried to help on my other posts.
Glad i found this, I just started my build. Took everything apart to work on the next few days. So I bought a DSR1 from AHB and it comes set with a file from them, is this the same file I should look for or is this in a different part of the DSP??

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is when setting the voltage on the amp output. Best to have a flash drive with it stored into. I’ll try to find the link that explains it. I was in your spot a couple months ago. Got a great group of guys that will knowledge you in here.

Reactions: DanHappy

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
download a 1000Hz -5db test tone onto the source you will play your music from normally, thumb drive is probably easiest. Once you have your amp hooked up with power, ground and acc, plug in your RCAs. leave the speaker wires disconnected completely as you will take readings right from the amp. start the bike and let it warm, turn your test tone (which is usually a one minute track) and set it to repeat. Set your HU to dead flat--bass 0, treb 0, fade 0, bal, 0 and turn off automatic volume control and keep it off forever. Turn your amp gains to zero. Turn your volume to 3/4 which on a Boom HU is 13 I believe. that is and will be your max volume forever because that's the clean signal being sent out. Anything beyond 13 and you're sending a distorted signal to the amp which will send it to the speakers which will make speakers go bye-bye. grab your multimeter on the lowest Alternating Current setting. On mine it says ACV 200 or 500. I choose 200. I assume you're running your speakers in stereo so you'll put the red pin on the RL+ and the black pin on RL-. Easy button here is to just screw those pins from your multimeter into the speaker terminals so you have free hands...this can be done before you ever turn the bike on. So you're hooked in to the speaker outputs with your multimeter and you're going to turn that channel 1-2 gain up slowly until you see 24.0 volts. When you get there, stop. 24 doesn't mean 25 and it doesn't mean 23. 24 volts. shut off the bike and swap your leads to the rear channel or in this case channels 3/4 and repeat. Make sure you also have RCA's going into channel 3/4. Doesn't matter if you use the left side of the amp or the right side of the amp, if you're curious to see how close they are, feel free. They'll never be equal but they'll always be close. repeat the process for the rear gain. set to 24v and you're done. Make sure you remove that test tone from your music library if you added it to a playlist. The last thing you want is that tone hitting your speakers at any volume. I'd recommend just putting that test tone only on a blank USB thumb drive so that when you're setting gains, that's the only thing that can play and as soon as you're done, delete it so it doesn't accidentally get back into the bike.
Copied from another member helping me on a separate post

·
Registered
23 Posts
download a 1000Hz -5db test tone onto the source you will play your music from normally, thumb drive is probably easiest. Once you have your amp hooked up with power, ground and acc, plug in your RCAs. leave the speaker wires disconnected completely as you will take readings right from the amp. start the bike and let it warm, turn your test tone (which is usually a one minute track) and set it to repeat. Set your HU to dead flat--bass 0, treb 0, fade 0, bal, 0 and turn off automatic volume control and keep it off forever. Turn your amp gains to zero. Turn your volume to 3/4 which on a Boom HU is 13 I believe. that is and will be your max volume forever because that's the clean signal being sent out. Anything beyond 13 and you're sending a distorted signal to the amp which will send it to the speakers which will make speakers go bye-bye. grab your multimeter on the lowest Alternating Current setting. On mine it says ACV 200 or 500. I choose 200. I assume you're running your speakers in stereo so you'll put the red pin on the RL+ and the black pin on RL-. Easy button here is to just screw those pins from your multimeter into the speaker terminals so you have free hands...this can be done before you ever turn the bike on. So you're hooked in to the speaker outputs with your multimeter and you're going to turn that channel 1-2 gain up slowly until you see 24.0 volts. When you get there, stop. 24 doesn't mean 25 and it doesn't mean 23. 24 volts. shut off the bike and swap your leads to the rear channel or in this case channels 3/4 and repeat. Make sure you also have RCA's going into channel 3/4. Doesn't matter if you use the left side of the amp or the right side of the amp, if you're curious to see how close they are, feel free. They'll never be equal but they'll always be close. repeat the process for the rear gain. set to 24v and you're done. Make sure you remove that test tone from your music library if you added it to a playlist. The last thing you want is that tone hitting your speakers at any volume. I'd recommend just putting that test tone only on a blank USB thumb drive so that when you're setting gains, that's the only thing that can play and as soon as you're done, delete it so it doesn't accidentally get back into the bike.
Copied from another member helping me on a separate post
Okay cool thanks!! One thing though, you said the 19’s don’t like the 1000hz file, to use the 500hz. Which should I use?? I have a 20.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would try the 1000 but I’m going to say the 500 due to it’s the same head unit as the 19.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts