Road Glide banner

who has best insurance my company is crazy

8K views 29 replies 24 participants last post by  longrides 
#1 ·
Ok who had good lead on insurance cause obviously Nationwide doesn't want to insure big bikes cause they are freaking crazy. I got a quote on my new new 103 road glide ultra and they want $1,330.00 a year WTF! My 2010 street glide was high at $530 year but shit triple that almost for the 103 road glide shit. Agent said nationwide doesn't like to insure bikes and the bigger CC the higher they price the policy to try to get people to go else where. Then the aggrivating thing is every bike night i went to at the lube in ohio had nationwide there and then the ass hats pull this crap.

my agent is going to check as he can go thru several companies like progressive etc. Iam going to check with Harley insurance.

#2 ·
Have your agent do the legwork for you. I have Progressive for my 2010 Road Glide insured for $781 for 12 months.

#7 ·
I'm 53, and my bike is a 96". My coverage is 50,000 per person, 100,000 per accident, 3,000 accessory coverage and roadside assistance. 250 collision deductible.

#11 ·
Been with State Farm since I was 16. i am 51 now and pay under $400 a year for full coverage $500 deductable on a 09 SERG. Mine also covers all installed goddies as long as you have reciepts. I know for a fact because I wrecked my 85 FXR and they said total right away until I took them $22k worth of reciepts. Then they paid $9k for a rebuild in 2001 0n an 85!!! Got hit on my 01 FXDL in 04. hit and run. Again they paid for everthing no problems. I can't find a reason to change. O did I mention I sometimes get dividen checks also?

Face Out!

#5 ·
See what Dairyland Ins quote. My 04 heritage costs $148.45 year and my 2011 RGU with 103 costs $229.20 year. Agent is Gilbert RV Ins. tel 888 784-6787.

Total = $377.65 year for both bikes!

My limits:
Liability = 100,000/300,000
Property Damage = 50,000
Comprehensive & Collision = Actual cash value up to $40,000
Optional Equipment = 5,000

Deductible = 1,000

Rental Reimbursement = 45 per day

Progressive (my old insurer) wanted $1,400+

The people at Gilbert RV Ins. are first class, give'm a call.

#9 ·
Your zipcode makes a difference, so you can't really compare your rates with somebody who lives somewhere else. When I moved from a rural area to a city, my rates almost doubled. Same bike, same coverage.

I'm very happy with Geico. I had a major claim on my bike a few years ago and the were great to work with. And they're less than the company I have my house and cars with.

#10 ·
It will depend A LOT on where you live, your age, etc. I have Progressive and pay a reasonable rate, much less than what I would pay if I put the bike on my MetLife Home/Auto policy.
Just have to shop around and find the best dal for your location.
Good luck.
Ian

#12 ·
I have Geico and pay 510 paid over ten months. 500 deductable, all accessories insured and uninsured motorist in addition to all the normal coverages. It definitely is based on zip, maybe more so than the size of the engine.

#13 ·
ive been using Foremost Ins Co for the past five years. had an accident and they took care of me. with their check i was able to buy my rg. currently im paying 600 per year and im 36 with a less than average driving record. ill use them again.

#14 ·
I pay $55 month for my RGc full coverage from Geico. Geico has always been excellent on our car claims without raising our rates (back when we had kids with accidents)

#18 ·
It's like others have said, it's where you live not just the insurance company you use. But check around because, like everything else, they will change their rates to compete for your business. For example, until this year Progressive was cheaper but not by much. I think it was about $100 on the year if I paid it all at one time. Compared rates again this spring and State Farm was cheaper by about $200 for the year and I could pay monthly instead of getting hit all at once. So, for now, I have everything (House, 2 cars, 2 Harleys and a utility trailer) through State Farm. My total for both bikes is just under $32 per month. No limit on accessories, I just need to keep my receipts.

#20 ·
I pay $1200 a year for full coverage from Allstate here in Michigan I get
1- 100,000- 300,000 property damage/personal liability
2-10,000 in extra accessories coverage (extra writer & still not enough)
3-20,000 in medical coverage (extra writer)
I do have 750 deductible which I don't like much. Insurance is high in Michigan and they have some $hitty insurance laws. In Michigan a motorcycle is NOT CONSIDERED A MOTOR VIECHLE so your medical is not covered if you get in a accident that doesn't have another motor vehicle involved (car or truck) if you go down by yourself or you get in a accident with another motorcycle your medical is not covered unless you have a EXTRA WRITER for medical. Another BIG MISTAKE people make when they get motorcycle or car insurance is medical coverage, most people take for granted that their HEALTH INSURANCE will cover them, this is not always true Health Insurance covers your health and it is NOT accident insurance. Check with your health insurance carrier to see if you would be covered if you have a accident with your motorcycle or car.

#23 ·
I use Progressive.

I live WA State, 45 and pay about 750ish for 2011 RGU. I have Progressive but my policy has a FULL BIKE REPLACEMENT line in it. This I can carry for 2 years and if for any reason my bike is totalled they will pay me the cost to replace my bike, this is almost 1/2 of my policy price but something I'm willing to pay for. Peace of mind is priceless. After the 1st 2 years then they will pay what they consider fair market value.

Cost is some what to do with your bike and driving history but more to do with where you live.

#24 ·
If old guys stop wrecking their bikes the insurance rates would go down.... * Cruiser riders in the over 40 age bracket have the highest accident rates !

#25 ·
How's your credit rating?? Insurance companies have gone to using your credit rating to set insurance rates, if your credit rating sucks you are apparently an irresponsible person and a higher risk, you will pay a higher rate if your credit is not so good.

#26 ·
They want to charge more if you have no credit rating either. I pay cash for everything since 1993, I have no credit cards or payments of any kind, I pay my insurance (along with everything else) in full with cash or money order as soon as I get the statement. I still take a hit for paying with cash but I believe if you need to make payments on something then you don't need it, I guess that I am just old school. It is a GREAT FEELING rolling a brand new FLTR off the showroom floor knowing that it is PAID IN FULL though.

#28 ·
Im in So Cal with Foremost Ins through AARP and in full coverage 500 ded, 100/500/100 with a replacement clause I pay 379 year

#29 ·
motorcycle insurance

I had a good experience with a geico claim..i had a woman on back and we went up a gravel driveway and the back tire kicked out,dumped Debbie to the ground and threw/pinned me against a stone retaining wall..broke the shift rod comming out of the tranny,stuck in 3rd gear,bent the leftside downtube,and put a small stick through the radiator,and damage the leftside rad air louver. We were only 3/4 mile from my house so we rode it back. Geico even paid for the stealer to come to the house and pick it up. I had no problems with them. il means i know how much is motorcycle insurance.

'05 VRSCB,Sundowner seat with pillon,chrome side covers,chrome switch housings,chrome fuel cell covers,chrome brake/clutch resevoir covers,chrome engine kit,luggage rack,chrome swingarm,chrome upper/lower belt covers,pivot covers,power commander III with SE slip-ons and SE airfilter,and more chrome
Also a vintage '72 750 Norton Commando,and a Yammi XJ700 Maxim X

#30 ·
Gmac

Went through my local agent and have house, cars, bike. Bike is with GMAC insurance. good price I think @ less than 400 yr for 08 glide.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.