Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a thread for those who have carried the flag to identify themselves so others may know. Not to usurp the WHERE IS THE FLAG thread, just to let folks know who has carried it.

Identify yourselves, who/where/when was the flag passed to you, who/where/when did you pass the flag on to someone else. Include any significant events that may have happened while you carried it

Please, flag carriers only, no need to include any tangents that we all seem to enjoy. If I spot any ringers, zingers, or lurkers, I'll PM you for the secret of the flag, and if you do not know it, zap!

All the history should be in the Main Flag thread, but it is getting quite long, so let's consolidate the history here.

I'll start...

I received the flag from BigDoug1130 on 09/15/2012 at TNT Harley-Davidson in Quincy IL.

After the handoff, he and his wife and I went to lunch and rode to Hannibal, MO.

While I carried it, the flag stopped in Frankenstein MO, made a trip to the Missouri State HOG Rally in Sedalia, MO and stopped at Pig Trail Harley-Davidson in Rogers, AR during Bikes, Blues and BBQ.

I passed on the flag to Quicksand on 09/29/2012 at The Cathouse in Eureka Springs AR.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
I recieved the flag from Straymutt right after shark week 1 here at my house in Hugoton KS. I passed it onto Sancho in Abilene TX, along with Mrs. Chainsaw and Pistokcha. I don't remember the dates, you will just have to read them in the journal when you get the flag :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
I got the flag 9/3/12 in western iowa from cnidog. Afterwards akawolf,cnidog,my wife and myself had lunch and went our seperate ways. I took it to several area dealers before handing it off to ong.

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
I am not good with keeping up with dates either. I picked up the flag from Jimmray11349 in Palestine TX and handed it off to Al in Ak at the HD Dealer in Grand Prairie TX.

·
Registered
478 Posts
IMP75255 and I met EddieZero on Friday 3/29/13 at Lakeland HD to pick up the flag. I met Gary R and Knisley in Crawfordville, FL for lunch on Sat 3/30/13 and passed the flag to Gary R.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Great Idea OldnerdGuy!
I currently am in possession of the Flag and received the flag on 4-6-13 in Anderson Sc. from GARY R who rode up from Pascagoula, Ms.
We had a great breakfast at IHOP and I then rode to Lovers Leap, Va. and on to my family Restaurant The Crooked Road Cafe, to help open the restaurant up for the first customers this spring. The restaurant is 1 mile off the Blue Ridge Parkway on RT.58 going towards Stuart and Martinsville, Va.
I rode the next day home to Waldorf and had to work for 5 days.
I had a fellow member (Nortonian) sign the flag and receive the secret on Friday the 12th.

The rest will be added but planning to ride tomorrow to Blue Ridge Bike Fest in Roanoke, Va. for a meet N Greet!

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I picked up the flagat Schoebels Restaurant in Columbus, TX from Pistako (sp?) and handed it off to TripleJ in Palestine, TX

·
Registered
101 Posts
Flag

I received the flag from Al Brown (AlinAK) on March 11,2012 at Superstition Harley in Apache Jct Az. I passed the flag to Peter (pargenz).

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Like ONG said I picked up the flag from him at the Cathouse in Eureka Springs(I like that place....nice ambiance). Brought it back to Kentucky and took it on a little trip down the Bourbon Trail. Then handed it off to Medic Tim a couple weeks later at Deals Gap after a tasty ride across the Cherohala Skyway :D

·
Registered
354 Posts
The flag was never in my saddlebag so I guess I am gonna get booted....but as Xinblack said, Gary and I met him in crawfordsville Fl and we brought the flag back to Pensacola along scenic 98.....great trip.....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
On 4/27/2012, there was a RoadGlide.ORG Meet Up at the 2012 Laughlin River Run.
The Flag was brought to Laughlin by nutter mutter for the Meet up and to pass the flag to Mcrider996.
In attendance was (From Rt to Lt) Nutter Mutter, Mcrider996, Me (Roadgliderider), Ironmark and 1st Sgt.

From now on, each poster of the exchange/Carry should include a photo.
That should insure that they actually were with the flag.
Except Stray Mutt and Chainsaw. I know they had it. lol​

·
Super Moderator
2,888 Posts
I was lucky enough to take the flag on its first long journey. It was unveiled at Shark Week 1, and I carried it from Gettysburg to Kansas, where I handed it off to Chainsaw. I saw this as fitting since Chainsaw was instrumental in funding the creation of the flag.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I received the flag from exammo the evening before he left for training in CA. Akawolf and I took the flag over into Iowa and handed it off to bigdoug1130 and after a few photos and passing of the secret we went to break bread. BD's wife was there also and when they hit the road she was reading a book on the back of the shark.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
I guess I can officially respond to this thread now. I received the flag from SpringerTodd on 4-17-2013 in Greenbelt, MD and passed it onto OhioBellBoy on 4-27-2023 in Pittsburgh. The following were present for the passing of the flag Dmize, Hutmo, hawkeye7, Rivsail, and OBB's wife Debi.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
I guess I can officially respond to this thread now. I received the flag from SpringerTodd on 4-17-2013 in Greenbelt, MD and passed it onto OhioBellBoy on 4-27-2023 in Pittsburgh. The following were present for the passing of the flag Dmize, Hutmo, hawkeye7, Rivsail, and OBB's wife Debi.
And that would be this pix here.

Hawkeye7 and I took the flag to the Pro Football Hall of Fame for a photo op. Flag right now is in my possession as we are trying to get it moving to New England.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I received the flag from Rob (MCMM???? something or another!) at the conclusion of Shark Week 2. On my way home with it, It made a stop at Freedom Rock in Iowa for a photo op. I brought the flag to Omaha and handed it off to CNIDOG here at my house at the end of August.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Old 11-19-2011, 03:34 PM
Hangaround

Default Road Glide Flag has been passed
I met up with JimmyRay in Columbus, Texas at Schobel's for a quick lunch and the passing of the Flag. Columbus was more or less a half way point for both of us. Texas is a BIG State. 142 miles from my house. Jimmy lives in the Woodlands and I live in San Antonio. We visited through lunch and talked about the various places to ride along with plans for Sturgis, HUTMO's Gypsy Ride and Shark Week coming up next year. The weather was a bit cloudy and the wind was blowing with Southerly gusts of 30-40mph, made my West to East 1 1/2 hour long ride tedious at 90 mph. If it hadn't been for the 4 Highway Patrolmen on the Inter-State, I could of been there a little sooner!!!! Those guys just seem to slow everything down!!!! Anyway the Flag is in good hands. I had a good time traveling with it. I made numerous stops with it, such as the following Stealerships and towns around them......Alamo HD, Caliente HD, Gruene HD, Cowboys Austin HD, Central Texas HD, Horny Toad HD, Waco HD, North Texas HD. The Flag also was witness to a few bottles of beer being consumed at various beverage dispensing establishments....(bars)........some of which the girls even had on clothes and of course some didn't!!!

Ride Safe My Friends

Enjoy,

Don't know why, but site wouldn't let me post photo of passing flag to JimmyRay in Columbus. Check the "Where is the RoadGlide Flag" thread for more pics of the Texas travels for the RoadGlide Flag.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
I carried the flag for less than 24 hours

I picked up the flag from mailman (Billy) in Canajoharie, NY on 5/17/2013 and carried it east to Auburn, MA for the New England meet and greet on 5/18/2013. The flag is currently with Workman in Maine.

Cheers,
G

1 - 20 of 24 Posts