Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious as to who has their Roadglide and has had it the longest? It seemed as a kid a guy would buy a bike and keep it forever, sometimes buying something newer but they always kept their baby.

Nowadays, it seems to have changed, as H-D upgrades their stuff every 7 or 8 minutes and we all need the latest and greatest. Guys trade up every few years it seems. Looking at all of the pics, a Twin Cam seems to be dying out as everyone is grooving for the M8.

So, who has had their bike the longest? Include its mileage.

I will start as my 2016 RGU has been my main bike since April 2016 and has around 68k on the clock now.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
I have a 2011 FLTRX with 53k on the clock and have no plans on selling or trading my twin cam in , solid powerplant great bike, and I hate technology , too much bullshit on bikes today for my taste. I guess each to there own.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I picked up my 10 (Trixie) on September 1st 2013. She's got around 83k miles on her now, and I have no intentions of ever letting her go.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Pick from 2 days after I got her at work in the rain.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Trixie as she looks now.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts

·
Registered
7,454 Posts
Got my 08 in August of 2008 ,I paid $16,400 out the door and that included the rider adjustable backrest, the passenger backrest with quick disconnect hardware, the saddlebag guardrails and the chrome run/stop rear fender tip light and everything was installed by the dealer.
130,000 plus miles on it and I have no plans on getting rid of it.

Mark

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have a 2011 FLTRX with 53k on the clock and have no plans on selling or trading my twin cam in , solid powerplant great bike, and I hate technology , too much bullshit on bikes today for my taste. I guess each to there own.
Same feelings here on mine it’s a 2012 FLTRX though with 46,000. My twin cam is going no where love the bike and the color big blue pearl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Great bikes , love the sound of my twin cam as well. Taking that bad boy to Laconia for the 100 year anniversary in 2023 , love riding that bike , and my 2011 dyna almost as much lol.

·
The ICON
2,342 Posts
2011 FLTRX , currently getting its 5th paint job , swapped out the 103 for a 120 built motor long ago and so many upgrades I can’t list them all

Reactions: James

·
Registered
115 Posts
Bagger only had for a little over two and a half years and nearly 30k miles.
My old sporty is since August 2011, did 100k miles on it before I got the new bike. Still got the original tank on it 2.2 gal peanut, so about 1600 fuel stops.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts