Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this has been answered before but my phone will NOT allow me to use the Search Function.

A Friend of mine wants a DayMaker and I was wondering who has the best pricing? I bought mine from PCPAIN and he was great to deal with but he would like to buy out of State to save on the Taxes(we live in Austin Texas).

Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
12,675 Posts
Try Surdyke HD online.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Not sure what the tax is in Texas but I pay 10% locally and PCpain still beat my dealer by $200

·
Registered
639 Posts
I think lakeshore stopped the discount program. I haven't ordered daymakers, but order most of my stuff from Kutter Harley.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I don't know if you are open to other lighting options but if you are, you might consider the plug and play HID system from SoCal Moto Gear. My buddy and I did a side by side comparison of his 2012 CVO RG with the HD daymakers and my 2006 RG with the HID system. We were both more than a little surprised that the HID's performed significantly better both in brightness and how far they were effective. Both bikes lighting was properly aimed and adjusted. I believe they cost me about $150.00 with the forum discount but I can't remember who the person was that set up a group buy, or if that's even being done anymore. I just know they work AWESOME. Hope this option helps you.

·
Administrator
1,958 Posts
+1 PC Pain is the man.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I tried Jon today but he is off, I am going to try again in the morning. I have spent almost $4,000 with him over the past few years.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I understand anybody wanting to get the best price but keep in mind that several have gotten their Daymakers with smuches inside the lens. Trying to get them exchanged from an online site or dealer your not familiar with could be a nightmare. I had no issues with mine but if so I feel like Jon would have made it right as painless as possible. I plan to visit him on my way to or from SW and tell him thanks for all the great deals he makes for forum members.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Call him. I won't quote prices because I understand cost change and shipping may be different. I will say he saved me a lot compared to everyone I checked with.

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
Texas state residents need to pay sales tax and shipping so there is a extra cost ordering from PC Pain for those members compared to the out of state members that only need to pay for shipping.
Looking at the HD daymakers on a friends 2014 ultra limited (in my rear view mirrors) during the day and the lights are not as bright and a lot less noticeable than my stock headlights using Sylvania Silver Stars. Other bikes with stock headlights are more noticeable during the day too, that is why I am sticking with stock lights.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
First time I've ever heard anyone say that aren't as bright as stock with Sliver Stars. I have an 03 and had the silver stars. I ride with a 14 SG with silver stars and my daymakers are way more noticeable day and night. I even tried the Socal HID's and the daymakers are brighter on my bike than anything on the road. I guess the best thing to do is compare for yourself before spending the $ but haven't heard anyone be disappointed yet. If it helps my dealer wants $699 plus shipping if anyone wants to order from Montgomery HD.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Texas state residents need to pay sales tax and shipping so there is a extra cost ordering from PC Pain for those members compared to the out of state members that only need to pay for shipping.
Looking at the HD daymakers on a friends 2014 ultra limited (in my rear view mirrors) during the day and the lights are not as bright and a lot less noticeable than my stock headlights using Sylvania Silver Stars. Other bikes with stock headlights are more noticeable during the day too, that is why I am sticking with stock lights.
I noticed the same thing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts